PDA

View Full Version : does this sight look canted ak-47???

chavez_e_chavez
07-08-10, 15:01
It seems that the front sight goes far right and my camera will only focus on rear or front at once not both....thanks

Aristogeiton
07-08-10, 15:33
I really can't tell if it is canted from the pics. How does it shoot?

40Arpent
07-08-10, 15:37
Too many variables (camera angle, rifle angle, blurry rear sight) to tell from the pics. The easiest way would probably be bracing the gun level on a table top and use a square to compare reference points on the front sight, from one side to the other. But, I have to ask, if you can't tell if it's canted or not, what does it matter? Have you run out of adjustment?

chavez_e_chavez
07-08-10, 16:00
I really can't tell if it is canted from the pics. How does it shoot?

havent shot it yet, just bought it and was looking and maybe thought it was all the to the right if your looking down range with her...

chavez_e_chavez
07-08-10, 16:01
Too many variables (camera angle, rifle angle, blurry rear sight) to tell from the pics. The easiest way would probably be bracing the gun level on a table top and use a square to compare reference points on the front sight, from one side to the other. But, I have to ask, if you can't tell if it's canted or not, what does it matter? Have you run out of adjustment?

im new to AK's and just wanted a 2nd ,3rd and 4th opinion:D

Dave_M
07-08-10, 17:18
If you can adjust for the cant, I wouldn't worry about it unless we're talking the front sight is pushed almost against one of the protective ears. Even then, one could always push it back towards the center and simply use an RPK rear sight or another windage adjustable rear to make up the difference.

Or you can fix the cant, which while not extremely difficult, can be a PITA.

Pumpkinheaver
07-08-10, 18:28
Might be slightly canted to the port side. I wouldn't worry about it if it shoots to POA but that's just me.