PDA

View Full Version : Just picked up my new M&P 9c

willowofwisp
07-09-10, 17:09
First off i wanna give a big thanks to Grant @ G & R tactical...ordering through their website was smooth as silk and Grant was great to deal with he answered all my questions and was more than helpful in making everything go forward.

I decided to pick up the 9c since i have been carrying my 9L for the past two months and i wanted a smaller gun that i could carry elsewhere and i wanted something under the same platform.

The only mods i have planned for the gun now are warren 2 dot night sights and a Doug trigger job...possibly later on i will have front and top cocking serrations put on.

I plan on carrying the 9c with the flat floor plates inside a raven holster with the soft loops and then an MTAC for when i need to be able to tuck the gun away.

The gun will not get shot until next week when i attend Handgun I with MDFI...hopefully the gun will run awesome and i figure 300-500 rounds on the guns first day should be a good work out..i will also start its 2k round challenge then too

Pics (sorry for the horrible and limited pics..my camera died about 2 minutes after i turned it on)
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z6/willowofwisp/P1010487.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z6/willowofwisp/P1010486.jpg

M4arc
07-10-10, 08:54
Cool man, the M&P9c is a sweet little CCW and one day, eventually, I'll grab one for myself and even start carrying it.

Naxet1959
07-10-10, 20:30
I just bought a 9fs but seriously thought about the 9c... I just didn't feel comfortable with my fingers not being on the grip... but the 9c is so ideal for concealed! Enjoy and please report back when you have shot it and compare versus the full size...

Rated21R
07-10-10, 20:47
I just bought a 9fs but seriously thought about the 9c... I just didn't feel comfortable with my fingers not being on the grip... but the 9c is so ideal for concealed! Enjoy and please report back when you have shot it and compare versus the full size...

Thought I might throw my 2 cents in as I own both the full size and the compact. I love shooting both. I dang near shoot my compact better than I do my full size. Full size has apex parts in it and compact will shortly. I'm glad I took the plunge on the compact, well worth it.

gsxr-fan
07-10-10, 21:25
Sweet piece! I've been using full size M&P in .40 cal in IDPA (and for home defense) the last two years but I've been toying with the idea of something smaller should I go the CCW route. May I suggest that you look up Chadzillaa's post on stippling an M&P as your compact has a smaller grip/backstrap? IMHO, it's well worth the time and effort for a defensive piece.

John Bonham
07-11-10, 00:53
Congrats! Hopefully I will add one to my collection soon enough. :o

Pariah
07-11-10, 01:19
It's a good carry gun, I think you'll enjoy it. I've carried one for the last year in a Looper, no problems.

One thing: I notice you've got the small grip insert in, like I did for a long time. I have small hands, and the small feels the best. However after reading this thread:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=55222

I discovered that I shoot better with the medium backstrap. Lots of guys found that moving up a size helps get a better grip while shooting, especially on the compact which has less real estate to hold on to. So take all three backstraps to the range, test 'em all out, then set it and forget it.

Enjoy it!

RogerinTPA
07-11-10, 10:45
Congrats on your new M&P9c. It's a great CCW gun.

2 of the 4 M&Ps I own had some cycling issues for the first 300 rounds, as with any weapon, some can be finicky, regardless of the manufacturer. I recommend a generous lube of the weapon and shoot a few hundred rounds of the same ammo you are planning to use in class. I normally will shoot 500 to 1000 rounds for pistol and 1000 to 1500 for carbine to "prove/vett" the weapon prior to a class. This "break in" will insure that your weapon is problem free and if any issues do arise, it won't be during the course.

GermanSynergy
07-12-10, 13:41
Congrats on a fine purchase. I bought mine from Grant and it's one of my favorite pistols.

PrivateCitizen
07-12-10, 13:58
Love my M&P9, but this summer weather is making me with a had a 9c.

G/R always has the best deal. I need to jump on one soon. The rebate lapsed and I blew it there!

Congrats and Enjoy!

JSantoro
07-12-10, 15:46
The $50 or 2 free mags, thing? It's from 14 Jun - 3 Oct 2010. Hit it like the fist of an angry god, if you rate it!