About
16" Mid-Length Flat Top Barrel Assembly
Includes
DTI 16" mid-length, 1x9 twist, chrome lined barrel
flat top upper
bolt and carrier assembly
charging handle
mid length handguards

This barrel assembly has a 16" barrel with Mid-Length Heavy profile, 1x9 twist, Mid-Length handguards with single heat shields, and A2 Flash Hider.
Barrel: (Specs will change depending on option that is choosen)
· 4140 Steel Chrome Lined
· 16" Length
· 1x9 Twist
· A2 Flash Hider
· Manganese Phosphated
· Phosphated under Front Sight Base
· Taper Pins on A2 Front Sight Base
· Threaded Muzzle
· Mid-Length Heavy Profile
Chamber:
· 5.56 X 45 mm
Bolt And Carrier:
· Phosphated 8620 Steel Carrier Assembly
· Carpenter 158 Bolt
· Heat Treated and Plated
· Mil-Spec
· Chrome Lined Carrier Interior
· Carrier Key - chrome lined, attached with Grade 8 Screws and Staked
Handguards:
· Mid Length
· Aluminum Delta Ring
· Single Heat Shield
Upper Receiver:
· Forged 7076 T6 Aluminum
· A3 Flat Top With T-Marks
· Hard Coat Anodized
· Mil-Spec
· Ejection Port Cover and Round Forward Assist
· Right Hand Ejection
Bore's surface is coated with dry film lube, over the anodized surface

kwelz
07-10-10, 04:24
1/9 Twist
4140 steel
No M4 Feedramps
Etc,
Etc
Etc

Save our money and get a BCM. You will be happier.

Iraqgunz
07-10-10, 04:36
Not at all. Look at Bravo Company's new prices. They are good to go and there is no guess work involved.

AR-15 16" Mid-Length Flat Top Barrel Assembly - Chrome Lined

16" Mid-Length Chrome Lined Flat Top Barrel Assembly

About
16" Mid-Length Flat Top Barrel Assembly
Includes
DTI 16" mid-length, 1x9 twist, chrome lined barrel
flat top upper
bolt and carrier assembly
charging handle
mid length handguards

This barrel assembly has a 16" barrel with Mid-Length Heavy profile, 1x9 twist, Mid-Length handguards with single heat shields, and A2 Flash Hider.
Barrel: (Specs will change depending on option that is choosen)
· 4140 Steel Chrome Lined
· 16" Length
· 1x9 Twist
· A2 Flash Hider
· Manganese Phosphated
· Phosphated under Front Sight Base
· Taper Pins on A2 Front Sight Base
· Threaded Muzzle
· Mid-Length Heavy Profile
Chamber:
· 5.56 X 45 mm
Bolt And Carrier:
· Phosphated 8620 Steel Carrier Assembly
· Carpenter 158 Bolt
· Heat Treated and Plated
· Mil-Spec
· Chrome Lined Carrier Interior
· Carrier Key - chrome lined, attached with Grade 8 Screws and Staked
Handguards:
· Mid Length
· Aluminum Delta Ring
· Single Heat Shield
Upper Receiver:
· Forged 7076 T6 Aluminum
· A3 Flat Top With T-Marks
· Hard Coat Anodized
· Mil-Spec
· Ejection Port Cover and Round Forward Assist
· Right Hand Ejection
Bore's surface is coated with dry film lube, over the anodized surface

rychencop
07-10-10, 07:42
1/9 Twist
4140 steel
No M4 Feedramps
Etc,
Etc
Etc

Save our money and get a BCM. You will be happier.

this each and every time. don't buy junk!!!

caelumatra
07-10-10, 08:17
I'll save you some looking

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-16-Mid-Length-Upper-Receiver-Group-p/bcm-urg-mid-16.htm\

$385

bearstalker
07-11-10, 01:24

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-16-Mid-Length-Upper-Receiver-Group-p/bcm-urg-mid-16.htm\

$385

A great price. Thanks for that. Going to order a 16" mid-length upper now!

matt86
07-11-10, 01:37

$385

Of course, they did this the day I ordered mine at full price from Grant :mad:

Velcro
07-11-10, 03:53
BCM is just putting out to good of a product at VERY reasonable prices...definitely DON'T BUY JUNK!

Velcro

500grains
07-11-10, 08:46
I guess I will pile on here.

$325 for that barrel is an EXCELLENT PRICE for the seller. For the buyer, it sucks.

For $325 you can get a hammer forged AR15 barrel made from M249 barrel steel with double thick chrome lining and conical rifling to improve accuracy. Here:

http://www.centurionarms.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images.tpl&product_id=45&category_id=19&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=133

Or you can get a milspec hammer forged AR15 barrel from Daniel Defense or BCM for a bunch less.

Why buy a Hyuandai when a Mercedes Benz costs the same?

logan09
07-11-10, 11:41
I guess I will pile on here.
$325 for that barrel is an EXCELLENT PRICE for the seller. For the buyer, it sucks.For $325 you can get a hammer forged AR15 barrel made from M249 barrel steel with double thick chrome lining and conical rifling to improve accuracy.

Am I missing something here? The above comes with a BCG,CH,and receiver to.

BVickery
07-11-10, 11:51
Am I missing something here? The above comes with a BCG,CH,and receiver to.

Throwing in more doesn't make it a deal. If you start with junk, in the end it is still junk. To get a product at said price point lower one has to cut corners.

Sometimes these include - using cheaper parts, cutting corners (no MPI/HP testing), deviating from what called for in the TDP etc.

I am a firm believer in Murphy's Law, given that my life he has taken a very huge interest in. I don't want to be in a situation where I have to rely on my carbine (it is my go to HD weapon) and not have to worry if the parts will work. Paying for quality helps alleviate some of those worries.

DocMinster
07-11-10, 11:55
Throwing in more doesn't make it a deal. If you start with junk, in the end it is still junk. To get a product at said price point lower one has to cut corners.

Sometimes these include - using cheaper parts, cutting corners (no MPI/HP testing), deviating from what called for in the TDP etc.

I am a firm believer in Murphy's Law, given that my life he has taken a very huge interest in. I don't want to be in a situation where I have to rely on my carbine (it is my go to HD weapon) and not have to worry if the parts will work. Paying for quality helps alleviate some of those worries.

+1 .... buy right/smart the first time.
BTW those freakin penguins KILL me.... :D

chavez_e_chavez
07-11-10, 17:01
buy once, cry once...:mad:

its better buy quality then deal with a turd in a year...:D

opmike
07-11-10, 18:09

While this is true, there seems to be some confusion here. The OP appears to be looking at buying a complete upper. 500grains linked to ONLY a barrel.

In any case, the OP needs to avoid the junk in his original post, avoid the $325 barrel (overkill), and buy the BCM complete upper that everyone is recommending and is on sale.

logan09
07-11-10, 20:15
Is the link to the BCM upper a complete upper for $385(doubt it)? The links not working/or there all sold out? Thats the question I was stating 500grains link to the barrel only, for $325 add another $200 for everything else.

Question to the OP. What do you plan on using this for? Range plinking, or rapid mag dumps on full auto. To the average shooter a barrel will last a very long time. I have built several ar15's, and used DTI,DPMS,Stag...and lesser brands and never had a problem. Then again I don't shoot 1000's of rounds each month like everyone else seems to do.

perna
07-11-10, 20:19
fixed link

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-16-Mid-Length-Upper-Receiver-Group-p/bcm-urg-mid-16.htm

BWT
07-11-10, 21:36
I'd tell you this, you can find quality for nearly the same price.

Buy the higher quality, it'll take more time if you're on a tight budget, but... it's definitely worth it, IMHO.

Jimbo45
07-11-10, 22:07
Of course, they did this the day I ordered mine at full price from Grant :mad:

Don't feel bad, I received TWO uppers from Grant, a day or two before these went on sale. Talk about bad timing on my part! :mad: Oh well, I think they are still a good deal at the regular price.

matt86
07-12-10, 06:47
absolutely.