PDA

View Full Version : Knife regrinds

Shawn.L
07-10-10, 21:09
I have a Spydeco Endura in ZDP-189 I would like to have reground.

Ive heard good things about the Krein regrind, but I cant seem to find a website or contact info for him. Someone gave me an email addy a while back but my inquiry never got returned.

other options ?

trukreltrog
07-10-10, 22:34
I have a Spydeco Endura in ZDP-189 I would like to have reground.

Ive heard good things about the Krein regrind, but I cant seem to find a website or contact info for him. Someone gave me an email addy a while back but my inquiry never got returned.

other options ?

http://www.kreinknives.net/home.htm

SeriousStudent
07-11-10, 00:24
Tom is the way to go, his work is quite good. And I think he only charges $45.

Shawn.L
07-12-10, 14:18
http://www.kreinknives.net/home.htm

thanks !

I called and left a message. Ive been trying for some time to give him my money so I hope I get a call back.

FinalFusion
07-15-10, 10:10
I have seen alot of Kreins regrinds and mods etc. top notch work. If you cant get in contact with him soon, you may try BladeForums. Lots of makers there would surely hook you up no prob!

Good luck and hope to see some pics of the new grinds!

C

Shawn.L
07-15-10, 11:21
I got a hold of Tom the other day and shipped my Endura out.

SeriousStudent
07-15-10, 22:36
Please post pictures of it when you get it back. I'd be really interested in how it works for you.

Are you having him do a full-flat grind?

Shawn.L
07-16-10, 06:17
Are you having him do a full-flat grind?

honestly I didnt know there where many options. When I spoke with him on the phone I just asked for a regrind, told him the steel type, and he gave me a price.

I will gladly post pics when it returns. Im unsure though how to really show hoe sharp a blade is in a picture.

Shawn.L
07-29-10, 13:30
Spoke with Tom today. I told him I was moving at the end of the month when I originally spoke to him so he turned it right around and shipped it back to me yesterday. Should have it tomorrow I would guess or the day after.