PDA

View Full Version : A.R.M.S. 40 Stand Alone Sight ?

bobafett
07-10-10, 22:35
Any opinions on this sight?

http://www.mountsplus.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=MSP&Screen=PROD&Product_code=ARMS-40

How does it hold up over time from being deployed since it's spring loaded?

Is the 500-600 sighting notch a plus or a minus? It sounds good to me but I wonder if the notch is a distraction when you use the smaller aperture?

variablebinary
07-10-10, 22:53
I've had an ARMS rear for nearly 5 years. It's been deployed a few hundred times easily, and still works great.

they
07-11-10, 18:35
IMO spring loading of a back up iron is unnecessary... as pulling it up (as in the Troy) is just as fast as hitting a lever (ARMS).

If you want a more complicated sight get the ARMS :D

shadow65
07-11-10, 19:35
I've used A.R.M.S. 40's for several years now on and off duty. Never had one issue with them. I have no idea how many 100's of times I've used the spring activation with no problem.
I like the horizon notch but for me it really isn't necessary. It's not distracting.
Dave

Stickman
07-11-10, 22:43
Great sight, I've broken a few BUIS (2 Troys), and have never had any issues with the ARMS units. Troy makes a good sight, but evidently I am a bit abusive with my training gear.

blkexp98
07-14-10, 06:38
That was my first backup sight and i only had one reason for getting rid of it. I sometimes use a scope on my rifle and needed the clearance the 40L offers. In my opinion the ARMSs rear sights are a great piece of equipment.

UDT
07-14-10, 07:08
They have always worked well fo me.

Detmongo
07-14-10, 07:12
i've had one on one of my hard use carbines and it has held up fine.:smile:

BooneGA
07-14-10, 08:59
I had a ARMS 40 series BUIS fall into its individual components during training. I wasnt even trying to activate it. The issue MATECH might wear out and pop up, but it never has fallen apart. It just sits in the up position underneath my ACOG.

Rick

shadow65
07-14-10, 10:27
That makes no sense to me. I've never seen any sight, even Chicom, just fall apart. Please explain further.
Did the roll pin come out that holds the top to bottom?

ginarik
07-14-10, 11:01
I've had the ARMS 40L for the last 3 years now and I've never had an issue with it.

I've never really used the 500-600 metering notch on it though. It's not all that distracting and hardly noticeable when shooting.

Its a good BUIS in my book :)

markm
07-14-10, 17:48
I borrowed one of those once, and it was a great sight. I don't generally care for flip up anything, but I liked that sight.

BooneGA
07-14-10, 23:54
That makes no sense to me. I've never seen any sight, even Chicom, just fall apart. Please explain further.
Did the roll pin come out that holds the top to bottom?

No one said it had to make sense.

I was issued a new rifle when I arrived at my new company. It had an ARMS #40 on it. After zeroing the BUIS I zeroed my EO Tech. I didnt deploy the #40 again until we were doing a week long range where each Soldier fired approximately 2500 rounds. During the course of the range I was exiting a HMMWV and something small fell off my lap. I didnt take the time during the drill to figure out what. I completed the drill and came back to my truck to find the flip up portion of the sight on the floor. I will never use one again.

Rick