PDA

View Full Version : Camping in the Smokies

HES
07-10-10, 23:46
The wife and I just got a new camper and are going to make a round robin circuit of the south east as we camp near friends and attractions. We are planning to bring the the boom sticks with us. We will eventually camp in Bryson City, NC, then head into the smokies, do a day at Cades Cove, and then camp near Dollywood. I was planning to have our pistols on us and the rifles broken down, behind the rear seat in my crew cab, and the ammo in the camper.

Are there any restrictions I should be worried about? Do NC and TN allow citizens to carry in state parks, which would mean that I could carry in the Smokies / Cades cove?

joe138
07-11-10, 11:51
We just got back from the Smokies. Eventhough you can carry in the park. There are signs on all the buildings warning against carrying, as these are Federal buildings. There are also signs on at least some of the trails. Enjoy. Hope your weather is cooler.

tracker722
07-11-10, 18:48

HES
07-11-10, 23:32
Thanks for the tip. Yea I intend to keep things concealed. No need to invite trouble IMO. Yes my lovely bride and myself currently have valid Florida issues CWPs. The rifles will stay encased and broken down and secured in the vehicles at all times we will be in NC and TN.