PDA

View Full Version : Magpul Midlength Handgaurds?

novak1911freak
07-11-10, 12:23
I heard these were supposed to be out this summer....Has anyone heard any news on the status of the middy versions of Magpul's MOE handgaurd?

Sorry if this is a redundant post, I did a search and the screen kept coming up blank....

SpookyPistolero
07-11-10, 12:29
They will never be released. It's an evil trick.

Actually I've had them on order from Midway when the come out, so I check their site from time to time. It's been steadily pushed back on their site so it's a pretty meaningless update. Talking directly with a gent there he said the fifteenth of this month. But today I checked and it was pushed back again until August.

So basically, I have no idea.

cougar_guy04
07-11-10, 13:15
They will never be released. It's an evil trick.

Actually I've had them on order from Midway when the come out, so I check their site from time to time. It's been steadily pushed back on their site so it's a pretty meaningless update. Talking directly with a gent there he said the fifteenth of this month. But today I checked and it was pushed back again until August.

So basically, I have no idea.

I've got a set of OD Midlength MOE handguards on order through Midway as well as I've got a basic ML build in the works. You might want to check the dates again. I just looked and it shows 09/15.

In the end, I know it'll be worth the wait (just as it was for the ACS) . . . plus, once I have the handguards I'll be more compelled to finish the build (which means more mags, more ammo, etc., etc. . . . not a bad thing, but it gets spendy). :D

chadbag
07-11-10, 13:58
A little bird told me (non committedly) a few weeks ago that the black midlength moe should be out pretty soon but that colors would be a ways behind the black. I have no other info.

rsgard
07-11-10, 15:07
I emailed magpul last week and was told they would be out this fall.

RE: Mid Length Handguards
A.Z. to me
show details Jul 9 (2 days ago)
Thank you for the inquiry. We do have them in the works and are hoping to have it out sometime this fall. I apologize there is no specific date. Please check our website periodically for updates. They will be up there as soon as they are available.

MAGPUL INDUSTRIES CORP.
[o] 303.828.3460x111 [f] 303.828.3469
magpul.com | magpuldynamics.com | magpul-pts.com

This email, including any attachments, may include confidential and/or proprietary information, and may be used ONLY by the person or entity to which it is addressed. The reader, or his or her authorized agent, is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and delete this email immediately.
WARNING: Documents or engineering drawings, prints, etc. that are attached, or can be viewed or printed from this email may contain technical data whose Export is restricted by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR, 22 CFR Parts 120-130), the Arms Export Control Act (22 USC 2778), or the Export Administration Act of 1979, as amended (22 USC App. 2401 et. seq.), and which may not be released or disclosed to non-US persons (i.e. persons who are not US citizens or lawful permanent residents) inside of the United States, without prior written authorization by the relevant US Government agency.
Magpul Industries Corporation shall not be responsible for injury, death, damage to property, and/or replacement of damaged merchandise resulting from ANY product abuse, misuse, illegal use, mis-installation, modification, alteration, or adaptation regardless of any information provided herein. Please note that any information or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.

Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2010 7:40 PM
To: magpul@magpul.com
Subject: Mid Length Handguards

Is there an estimated date that the mid length moe handguards will be available?

Thanks,
GARD
Forward

CaptainDooley
07-11-10, 20:41
A little bird told me (non committedly) a few weeks ago that the black midlength moe should be out pretty soon but that colors would be a ways behind the black. I have no other info.

Looks like I'll be rattle canning a set of black MOE midlength handguards then...

novak1911freak
07-12-10, 10:22
Thanks for the information everyone, hopefully not too much longer....

Pariah
07-12-10, 15:12
Looks like I'll be rattle canning a set of black MOE midlength handguards then...

Likewise. Was looking to get a set in FG. I hate when paint flakes off of the parts you handle a lot all over your hands.

Entropy
07-19-10, 21:39
Anybody know when this will be available? I love the carbine handguard on my 6920. I have a new BCM middy upper arriving tomorrow and I NEED it. :D

rsgard
07-19-10, 23:24
http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=57877

check my post with the email i received and the posts below it

Entropy
07-20-10, 09:03
Thanks. The fall seems so far away though. :(

ra2bach
07-20-10, 13:54
I wonder why they didn't continue the vent holes all the way to the rear like they did on the carbine ones?

looks kinda dumb that way...

Seraph
07-20-10, 16:21
I wonder why they didn't continue the vent holes all the way to the rear like they did on the carbine ones?

looks kinda dumb that way...

Maybe the longer handguards required some reinforcing ribs back there, to maintain rigidity? It was most likely a practical consideration, whatever the reason.
Personally, I think they look really good (like them on my carbines). I'm sorta holding off on a BCM mid length upper, awaiting these handguards (I'll do the Omega X 9" rail, if these MOE's don't become available soon).

joe-bananas
07-20-10, 19:35
After the fun waiting for the UBR, I've stopped getting excited about Magpul releases.

I can hear Drake now: "It'll happen when it happens, don't make me pull this car over and do something about it."

I have a pair of mid-lengths that will be happy to get the mid-length MOE, but I'm not going to stew over it and get all excited.

sammage
07-20-10, 21:09
I have a pair of mid-lengths that will be happy to get the mid-length MOE, but I'm not going to stew over it and get all excited.

My middy will wear the Cav Arms handguards for now, and keep dreaming the impossible dream.

joe-bananas
07-21-10, 12:22
My middy will wear the Cav Arms handguards for now, and keep dreaming the impossible dream.

Cav Arms. Mine, too. Wonder if these will have collectors value some day. :(

Entropy
07-21-10, 12:44
Cav Arms. Mine, too. Wonder if these will have collectors value some day. :(

Yeah, I went ahead and ordered some Cav Arms handguards too for my new middy. I'm not waiting till the fall to get my BCM middy in action. :D

motorwerks
07-21-10, 13:31
I have been waiting patiently for a Rifle length for what seems like a year. I want something different on my "Service Rifle" when I'm just plinkin as apposed to training with it.

rychencop
07-21-10, 13:46
Magpul is known for and i believe proud of their drawn out release dates. You'll be lucky if anything that's listed as "coming soon" right now will be out a year from now.

Spiffums
07-21-10, 13:57
These fit the Glock Carbine right?

streck
07-21-10, 13:57

Damn, you...I came here to post that! :jester:

Dozer
07-21-10, 14:08
Magpul is known for and i believe proud of their drawn out release dates. You'll be lucky if anything that's listed as "coming soon" right now will be out a year from now.

I'm sorry you feel that way however, we have released the L2,L3,L4,L5, MOE Illumination Kit, RVG, MVG, Aerial Ops DVD, Dynamic Handgun DVD, Magpul Dynamics BSA Target Set, and SSG (SCAR Selector) so far products that were announced this year. Tell me how that follows your logic of "coming soon" will be out a year from now?

motorwerks
07-21-10, 15:32
yes but only with 10.5 inch barrel with a midlength gas system.

Pariah
07-22-10, 08:11
I'm sorta holding off on a BCM mid length upper, awaiting these handguards

Same. Gonna build a 14.5" middy with these.

I also already know that I will be drilling holes on the left side near the receiver for a sling mount.

joe-bananas
07-22-10, 12:31
Jimenez' reply is worth weighing before buying a bitch-ticket and climbing on board the Magpul hate train.

They've been churning out new and improved product at quite a clip. If they suffer from anything it is in the areas of expectation management and product promotion.

Quite simply put: once the shooting community (and the Magpul fanboys in particular) find out about a new product in the works, they want it -- and they want it now. It's a difficult thing to be in the business of supplying products that are in high-demand to a customer base that has ever-dropping levels of patience.