PDA

View Full Version : Barrel Break In?

Longhunter7
07-11-10, 20:49
I am considering a Lothar Walther stainless barreled upper with polygon rifling.

What break in procedure is required with this combination?

Any feedback on the Lothar Walther barrels?

Surf
07-11-10, 21:17
Load ammo into mags. Insert mags into weapon. Shoot ammo until mag is empty. Insert new mag and repeat. When your finished shooting and you go home, clean your rifle. Repeat on each range day. :)

DocMinster
07-11-10, 21:33
Load ammo into mags. Insert mags into weapon. Shoot ammo until mag is empty. Insert new mag and repeat. When your finished shooting and you go home, clean your rifle. Repeat on each range day. :)

+1 ;)

I have had a few SS barreled rifles and I do recommend using Tetra to coat your bore before your firing your weapon... the Tetra does what advertised it fills the micro cracks and crevasses and makes it MUCH easier to clean. I believe in it and practice it religiously between cleaning.

My friend has an electric bore cleaner after I cleaned my SS Barreled HS Precision he inserted the cleaner into the barrel and turned it on it immediately went from red to green >>> barrel is clean.

There may be a new product on the market that boasts the same thing but I am unaware.

my .2c

Pumpkinheaver
07-11-10, 21:37

Yup, that's what I do.