PDA

View Full Version : LMT BCG

shogun
07-12-10, 05:00
I just received an LMT BCG and noticed that it was slightly dirty. Does this mean that it was test fired? It also has some shallow wear marks on the underside of the carrier (opposite the gas key).

The bolt is marked MP on one side and AQ on the opposite. Can anyone shed light on what AQ means?

Lastly, how would I know if this is the enhanced model and if this has the crane o rings.

thanks

Col_Crocs
07-12-10, 06:10
Not sure what AQ means but the dirt is normal. Typical LMT test firing.:D

Thomas M-4
07-12-10, 08:49
I just received an LMT BCG and noticed that it was slightly dirty. Does this mean that it was test fired? It also has some shallow wear marks on the underside of the carrier (opposite the gas key).

The bolt is marked MP on one side and AQ on the opposite. Can anyone shed light on what AQ means?

Lastly, how would I know if this is the enhanced model and if this has the crane o rings.

thanks

This is what the enhanced bolt looks like.http://www.rainierarms.com/img/shop/product/6df73a91d57048c705cb1a772c7688bc.jpg

It has no O-rings it uses instead dual extractor springs under the lobster tail looking extractor .

Perfectly normal having firing residue on it. This is from the HP/MP testing.

Iraqgunz
07-12-10, 16:40
AQ is probably just a code that LMT uses. Some are marked AJ, and I am looking at 2 that are marked AC and AK.

shogun
07-13-10, 00:07
thanks for the replies guys. I just checked my bolt and carrier and I have the standard LMT BCG. Anyway, would you consider this BCG very good? Or for future builds would something from spikes or bcm or JP be better (they are cooler looking hehe)?

Iraqgunz
07-13-10, 00:42
As far as I know they are milspec and staked correctly. Everything else is pointless.

thanks for the replies guys. I just checked my bolt and carrier and I have the standard LMT BCG. Anyway, would you consider this BCG very good? Or for future builds would something from spikes or bcm or JP be better (they are cooler looking hehe)?

shogun
07-13-10, 00:44
As far as I know they are milspec and staked correctly. Everything else is pointless.

that is nice to hear. thanks!

evolixsurf
07-15-10, 21:13
Yea, I just got a lmt auto BCG for a 16" lmt carbine. Although it looks like it has shakey machining.... it is one of the better BCG's. They have been function tested by many private parties and prove to be good to go. They are better then your typical RRA, Spikes, Ect... I have over 300 rounds in mine with ZERO issues and do not expect to have any unless its the ammo's fault... Mine was tight(and still is) but it will break in nicely. I just installed a spikes 4.3oz heavy buffer to soften the recoil because damn, it was like shooting a shotgun...

Mine is not marked other than the MP.