PDA

View Full Version : GG&G Accucam/Larue QD- Other Options?

Jellybean
07-12-10, 13:24
I'm thinking a QD mount fo my Eotech might be a helpful thing- frankly, the standard mounting knob can be a real PITA if all you have to work with are fingers...:D

I like the simplicity of the GG&G, but due to the less-than-awesome reviews, I'm not sold on it.

The LaRue is nice, but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to like the 1/3 cowitness. And I don't really need the extra rail section.

The question is, are there any other companies out there that make similar products that are worth using?
Basically, I'm thinking a QD lever, not a whole riser.

opmike
07-12-10, 15:06
I'm not aware of any other manufacturers that offers QD capability WITHOUT also raising up the sight.

The Larue is, without a doubt, going to be the best QD solution for an EOTech.

I'd also suggest you reevaluate your stance on lower 1/3 cowitness, however I don't want to derail your thread.

Jellybean
07-12-10, 23:44
Buggery.:(

Well, in that case, are there any other manufacturers that make a good quality QD mount for an eotech, even if it is also a riser?

opmike
07-13-10, 02:03
Buggery.:(

Well, in that case, are there any other manufacturers that make a good quality QD mount for an eotech, even if it is also a riser?

Are you opposed to the Larue, or are you simply looking for other options? The two you have already mentioned are going to be the only quick-detach options available if you don't have an EOTech 553/555

There's also the YHM EOTech Riser, and the RRA Dominator mounts, but neither of those are quick detach and probably not what you're looking for.

If you absolutely most have an absolute cowitness AND quick detach, there's only the Accucam.

If you want the best quick detach mount available for the EOTech, buy the LaRue.

Have you tried running an optic with a lower 1/3 cowitness? I'm curious as to why you're opposed to it?

glen
07-13-10, 07:40
ADM also makes an QD EOTech mount/riser.

http://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=67&view=photos

HeavyDuty
07-13-10, 07:57
*What* less than awesome reviews of the GG&G?

I have two of their EOTech Accucams and they're fine.

Jellybean
07-13-10, 11:33
Are you opposed to the Larue, or are you simply looking for other options? The two you have already mentioned are going to be the only quick-detach options available if you don't have an EOTech 553/555

There's also the YHM EOTech Riser, and the RRA Dominator mounts, but neither of those are quick detach and probably not what you're looking for.

If you absolutely most have an absolute cowitness AND quick detach, there's only the Accucam.

If you want the best quick detach mount available for the EOTech, buy the LaRue.

Have you tried running an optic with a lower 1/3 cowitness? I'm curious as to why you're opposed to it?

Yeah, I'm running a 512.
Not at all opposed to the LaRue- just looking to see what else is out there.

As far as the 1/3 cowitness, I'm also not opposed to it. It's just something that from what I've read so far, I don't see a big advantage to doing- especially if I'm using a folding rear sight

*What* less than awesome reviews of the GG&G?

I have two of their EOTech Accucams and they're fine.

Hmm.. maybe 'reviews' was a bad choice of word.
I did a google search of the forums, and read a bunch of the topics pertaining to it. The general concensus seemed to be about 70:30 in favor of something else, although there were some pople that said what you just did.
Now, most of those posts were a few years old- so maybe they've improved since then?