PDA

View Full Version : WHICH AK, HELP

wolverineSIERRA
07-12-10, 20:13
ok heres the question folks, which would u guys pick, a chinese norinco type 56 AK-47 or a milled polish underfolder, both around the same price, i am kind of torn, but leaning more towards the polish cause it just looks beautiful and i like the underfolder look, any input would be much appreciated

TOrrock
07-12-10, 21:34
Need more details on both.

At first blush, the Norinco Type 56S hands down, as it would be a pre ban all factory AK.

The "Polish" underfolder is going to be a kit gun build. Unknown receiver, parts, etc.

wolverineSIERRA
07-12-10, 22:27
its a polish, made by lancaster arms on 1.6 mm reciever, park finished with baked on epoxy moly-kote

TOrrock
07-12-10, 22:34
its a polish, made by lancaster arms on 1.6 mm reciever, park finished with baked on epoxy moly-kote

It's not milled then. It's a bunch of parts made for a milled AK put on a stamped receiver.

Probably has a US made barrel as well. I'd definitely steer clear.

Is the Norinco 56S original or is it a debanned MAK-90?

wolverineSIERRA
07-13-10, 10:59
U.S. made Global Trades or Spud stamped 1.6MM receiver, chrome lined barrel, U.S. made slant muzzle break, single hook trigger kit, yup thats it, the norinco i believe its original, not mak-90, but lots of wear on the gun, the polish has fired less than 100 rds, just curious templar whats wrong with the US made barrels on AKs?

gaijinsamurai
07-22-10, 19:44
I love my Polish underfolder, but was fortunate enough to get a complete kit, before the barrels were banned from importation. I have heard reports of Lancaster barrels having issues with their gas port holes. From what I've read on other forums, the holes were drilled too large, resulting in excess gas, causing the rear trunions to wear out after only a few hundred rounds. I don't know if Lancaster has corrected the problem, but unless you know for sure, I'd stay clear and opt for the Norinco.

Also, while I like my side and under-folding AKs, if you're just going to have one Kalashnikov, the fixed stock is more practical.

TOrrock
07-22-10, 19:51
Coming back late to this but US barrels aren't chromed, and they use commercial chambers which tend to be tighter than the military barrels.

Also, they're commercial grade, not made milspec.