PDA

View Full Version : feeding problem

austin9790
07-13-10, 21:04
Please Help, I am in the process of building my first AR and I thought that I was completely done but when I attempt to chamber a round the bullet will not go into the barrel. It is being stopped by the star shape at the beginning of the barrel and will not enter. I have gone back over ever step in the assembly process where I could have messed up and I still do not know what the problem is. I have a Daniel Defense lower with a BCM upper using a Magpul PMag. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bkb0000
07-13-10, 21:23
can you post a pic of the hung up round? are you making sure to "drop" the bolt? ie, pulling the charging handle back and letting it go? you cant ride the bolt, or it wont go into battery

austin9790
07-13-10, 21:26
Thank you sir for your fast reply, that is exactly what the problem was... I was being too easy on the bolt on the way back. Once I "dropped" it the round slid right in. You have been very helpful!

ForTehNguyen
07-13-10, 23:31
yea let it go like a slingshot, dont ease it into battery

markm
07-14-10, 17:49
Don't manually cycle live rounds through a gun for function check. It's dangerous and tells you NOTHING about actual function under actual fire cycling.