PDA

View Full Version : Bushmaster Gas Piston Upper!

M4arc
07-26-06, 09:38
Well it seems all the big boys are getting on the gas piston bandwagon nowadays.

Bushmaster Gas Piston Upper (http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/uppers/pre-ban/bura3b16m4-gp.asp)

I read on the other forum that these might be POF uppers, does anyone know if that is true? From what I read on 10-8 POF has come along way and Frank has been actively working to improve the POF. Kudos to him.

Bushmaster's entry into gas pistons should be good for us, the consumers.

BravoCompanyUSA
07-26-06, 10:06
By the looks of the description, it seems like Franks product.
nice job!

Edited to add:
The barrel (in the picture) looks to be a Bushy M4 barrel.

M4arc
07-26-06, 10:20
Do you know if the front sight can be replaced with a LMT? It looks like it can be but I'd like to know for sure.

BravoCompanyUSA
07-26-06, 11:33
Do you know if the front sight can be replaced with a LMT? It looks like it can be but I'd like to know for sure.

I would guess you could based on this POF pic of the same gas block with a Troy front sight.

http://www.pof-usa.com/P-416/photos/DSC1909.JPG

KevinB
07-26-06, 13:39
Will this work with a RAS?
Hmmm....

BravoCompanyUSA
07-26-06, 14:59
Will this work with a RAS?
Hmmm....

I don't think the RAS will work, based on this pic.

http://www.pof-usa.com/P-416/photos/DSC01906.JPG

But with some small mods a Troy Ind might work?

TigerStripe
07-26-06, 15:11
I don't think the RAS will work, based on this pic.

http://www.pof-usa.com/P-416/photos/DSC01906.JPG

But with some small mods a Troy Ind might work?

I heard ARMS SIR, Troy and Samson will with modifications.

TS

SuicideHz
07-26-06, 17:32
How about Grinch's new H&K style sights?

TigerStripe
07-26-06, 18:16
How about Grinch's new H&K style sights?

I think there's a picture with those on one on POF's site... Not sure where on the site...

TS

vinesr6
07-26-06, 20:23
DD is working on FF rails to work on POF uppers...;)

M4arc
07-26-06, 21:13
Well the DD rail is a big plus but how about the Vltor rail, will that work?

DrMark
07-26-06, 21:15
Choices, choices, choices.

I'm not convinced I'll be getting a piston upper, but for advancing the industry's cutting edge, these developments are great.

M4arc
07-26-06, 21:31
Choices, choices, choices.

I'm not convinced I'll be getting a piston upper, but for advancing the industry's cutting edge, these developments are great.

I don't have a reliability problem with my regular carbines but if gas pistons are easier to clean (yes I'm lazy when it come to cleaning guns) I think I'd like to try one out.

POF is definitely a first choice, the Colts are at least 6 months out and the H&Ks are not an opinion so a Bushmaster/POF might be a perfect match to one of the Bushmaster lowers squirreled away in my safe.

JLM
07-27-06, 12:56
Looks good!

More good news: Mike LaPlante from Colt confirmed the 10xx series will be out this fall, regardless of a certain 'persons' assertions on another site.

M4arc
07-27-06, 13:20
Looks good!

More good news: Mike LaPlante from Colt confirmed the 10xx series will be out this fall, regardless of a certain 'persons' assertions on another site.

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you! :eek:

<Just kidding>

JLM
07-27-06, 16:03
I wasn't :o

WILDBILL
07-29-06, 02:11
What Manufactors Gas-Piston uppers have M4 Feed-Ramps machined in their uppers?

CapnCrunch
07-29-06, 13:03
AFAIK, they all do.

SuicideHz
08-03-06, 12:35
Looks good!

There is no "certainty" with that person(s) ya know!! It's kind of nice not seeing that other name in this thread.

That's one thing I really like about this site so far. Names aren't mentioned if they have an "iffy" rep. Frank's upper has been mentioned because he's been 100% professional so far. I think he deserves that very much.

I don't see why the LMT wouldn't fit up front there. The front gas block seems to be on the same elevation as the upper. FYI Simplydynamic is selling an LMT front sight for something like $40.

If I already had an SBR and wanted a new toy, I'd probably buy this upper in this config as well as SD's LMT front site.

It looks like it would be a nice candidate for a suppressor as well...

variablebinary
08-08-06, 13:20
The POF system is really taking off. First DSA and now Bushy are on board.

I can already see format war brewing between LE1020 and POF/Bushy/DSA

If I were buying a piston, it would be POF...

I will say this much, POF has earned their success the right way. They are stand up guys, which cant be said for every piston company