PDA

View Full Version : I turned blue today

Blob
07-15-10, 18:42
...and I graduate from the lovely Ft. Benning school for boys tomorrow morning. I have a huge smile on my face!

Just thought I'd share since I've been away from M4C for the last 14 weeks.

Ed L.
07-15-10, 18:52
Congrats! You earned it.

What are they teaching now in terms of M4 lubrication?

QuietShootr
07-15-10, 19:00
BSB has changed since I did it... you got a postcard to send at Johnston Hall and maybe a phone call if you spent more than a night or two there, then 5 minutes on the phone about 4 weeks later. Internet??

<grumblemumblewhippersnappers>

QS
C-2/54, June 1988

BVickery
07-15-10, 19:14
Congrats.

murphy j
07-15-10, 20:00
Welcome to the Brotherhood. Wear that blue cord with pride and humility. You've accomplished something that most of the Army cannot lay claim to. While I'm sure it has changed significantly since I went through, one thing that hasn't is that Infantry Basic/AIT is the hardest in the Army. Good job Soldier.

Iraqgunz
07-15-10, 20:04
Congrats from a former 11B. I graduated from Ft. Benning in December 1986.

R Moran
07-15-10, 20:13
Congrats from a former 11B. I graduated from Ft. Benning in December 1986.

Me too, or was it January '87 ? Then straight across post to jump school.

jaxman7
07-15-10, 20:18
They still giving out their version of grog at the end of Victory Forge?! Congratulations to you for getting out of Sand 'Hell'! Are you going straight to your duty station or do you have airborne, r.i.p.,javelin school, etc. coming up in the near future? Enjoy your time at Pomeroy field (if I remember that name correctly) tomorrow bud and God bless . You earned it! 'WHY IS THE SKY BLUE!"

-Jax

Army Chief
07-15-10, 20:38
Congrats from another BSB Alumnus, Class of 1985 (B-5-1).

AC

kry226
07-15-10, 20:45
Congrats!

Ah, the land that God forgot...oh the memories. Echoing the sentiments of QuietShootr. :agree:

C-2/58, House of Pain, September 1995

ICANHITHIMMAN
07-15-10, 20:54
I got off the bus there once on my way back from the hospital after seperating my shoulder at jump school. I was so high from what ever they stabed me in the butt with to numb the pain I did not care. Sat at the bus stop for 2 hours no bus came another staff sagrent gave me a ride back to my AO.

jaxman7
07-15-10, 21:27
Charlie 2/58 stinks! Assassins (my company C 1/19) rule! ;)

Congrats!

Ah, the land that God forgot...oh the memories. Echoing the sentiments of QuietShootr. :agree:

C-2/58, House of Pain, September 1995

Rebel Rifle Ordnance
07-15-10, 21:36
Jacksman7, I'm following you around the forum since I don't know anyone, hehe

CarlosDJackal
07-15-10, 21:54
Congratulations!! :dance3:

kry226
07-15-10, 21:56
Charlie 2/58 stinks! Assassins (my company C 1/19) rule! ;)

CANDYLAND???!!!

It's like a good old fashioned Harmony Church/Sand Hill reunion. :dance3:

SeriousStudent
07-15-10, 22:06
Congratulation for your impending graduation. May I express my appreciation that you chose the Infantry branch, and thank you for your service to our country.

May you serve with honor, and return home safely.

Iraqgunz
07-15-10, 22:07
I was in D-6-1. "Delta Dragons".

Congrats from another BSB Alumnus, Class of 1985 (B-5-1).

AC

Blob
07-15-10, 22:11
B 1/19 FTW!!!!

Thanks guys! I'm moving on to jump school after this and I'm pretty excited for that.

As for lubrication, one of my DSs didn't say anything about it and another one said to barely put any on. I disregarded that and lubed like normal and I think I had the fewest malfunctions of anyone in the platoon. That's not to say the GI mags didn't suck though, they gave me double feeds left and right which cost me expert on qualification day. :(

R Moran
07-15-10, 22:20
C-7-1

There's the Infantry, and there's support.

Bob

HES
07-16-10, 01:35
BSB has changed since I did it... you got a postcard to send at Johnston Hall and maybe a phone call if you spent more than a night or two there, then 5 minutes on the phone about 4 weeks later. Internet??

<grumblemumblewhippersnappers>

QS
C-2/54, June 1988

:lol:I hear ya. Kids got no idea how good they have it these days

Seriously though, congrats. Welcome to the family (Harmony Church '88 A-4-36) Do you know where your first duty station will be

Army Chief
07-16-10, 05:51

Too funny -- I think every D Company on Sand Hill was Delta Dragons. We were actually moved over to D-1-1 for the AIT portion, and I remember that we had a much cooler t-shirt there.

Just the other day I came across a couple of those old blue poker chips they used to pass out in 1st ITB "for Excellence." I think the idea was that we could trade them in for a four-hour pass down on VD Drive or something, but obviously I never had that opportunity.

We're the men from Delta One you've heard so much about.
Mothers take their daughters in whenever we're about.
We fight with knives, and .45s, and broken bottles, too.
We're the men from Delta One -- So who the f$%* are you?!

Yeah ... I was programmed well. =]

Years later, when they tried to make me a Cobra pilot, I remembered being one of the guys in back, and opted for Hueys (and later, Black Hawks) instead.

Once blue, always blue ...

AC

kry226
07-16-10, 06:52
Thanks guys! I'm moving on to jump school after this and I'm pretty excited for that.

Beat your boots, Airborne! A little advice...don't get caught screwing around during pre-jump in the hangars. You'll be in "Check canopy and gain canopy control!" mode for a long time. And remember to race track in the chow hall. Good luck, keep your chin tucked. I learned the hard way.

Too funny -- I think every D Company on Sand Hill was Delta Dragons.

And every C Company was Charlie Rock.

Once blue, always blue ...

Amen.

QuietShootr
07-16-10, 07:12
Beat your boots, Airborne! A little advice...don't get caught screwing around during pre-jump in the hangars. You'll be in "Check canopy and gain canopy control!" mode for a long time. And remember to race track in the chow hall. Good luck, keep your chin tucked. I learned the hard way.

And every C Company was Charlie Rock.

Amen.

Nope, we were Chargin' Charlie....because my senior drill was a ghetto black guy, our company song was this awful embarrassing Canadian thing that I shan't repeat in its entirety, but it did contain the words "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Second Platoon Don't Take No Jive" and "Your Ma, Your Pa, Your Dirty Greasy Grandma! Whozat tryin' to be bad?"

:rolleyes:

ETA: A cool postscript: I reenlisted after a 10 year BIS in 2002, and I was participating in the regional sniper match at Camp Atterbury in 2003, and was on a train-up the weekend before. I was walking to the airfield from the SARTS building with all my shit when I passed one of the mini-obstacle courses where some people were being run through the 'low-crawl-under-wire' obstacle... I was just about past, when I heard a familiar Canadian voice say in a disgusted tone "Goddamnit...beat your goddamn face." I got a lump in my gut and nearly dropped for pushups, then I looked around thinking, "Holy shit, somebody sounds JUST LIKE..."

There on the field drilling these JROTC cadets was my senior drill sergeant. I about shit my skivvies...the guy must be what, a hundred? He was an E-7 in 1988! I walked over and as I approached him, he gave me The Look...then he appeared to be thinking "I should know this guy, but I don't know who the hell he is." Of course he didn't remember my name, but he remembered the class. He was all proud of himself after that - he was telling his JROTC kids, "This was one of my troops from 1988!"

I bought him a beer in the NCO club later.

CarlosDJackal
07-16-10, 07:24

I was in D-8-2 "Delta Demons" in Chiggerville (Harmony Church) in 1984. :p

Army Chief
07-16-10, 07:49
I'm moving on to jump school after this and I'm pretty excited for that.

Jumpers, HIT IT!!

One thousand, two thousand, three thousand ...

Oh, the memories. ;)

AC

CDDM416
07-16-10, 07:51
Congrats,,, My son just did the same as you. He is now at Ft. Bragg waiting for his SF selection.
Before you leave Benning make sure you visit the Infantry Museum.

usmcvet
07-16-10, 09:44
Congratulations and good luck.

kry226
07-16-10, 11:00
Jumpers, HIT IT!!

One thousand, two thousand, three thousand ...

Oh, the memories. ;)

AC

Hit the hole, Pole Man! Hit the Hole!

Todd.K
07-16-10, 12:00
FOLLOW ME

usmcvet
07-16-10, 13:47
Hey plus one on the "Follow Me." I was in the Corps but I went to Norwich University and had lots of buddies in the Army. Make us old guys proud. Don't let them tease you too much. My Dad was a Marine in Korea and could not believe we had AC in the barracks. It was really just a torture device we froze ous asses off in our racks every night.