PDA

View Full Version : VTAC Assault Gloves

Reseremb
07-15-10, 20:06
Ordered them a couple weeks ago, just a couple days waiting (hard to see with USPS and an EU address), and can't be more satisfied with the VTAC gloves. The introductory price, $40 cheaper than regular price, makes me to try a couple of them in Coyote Tan for T&E.

http://www.vikingtactics.com/images/assaultglove-combo.png

* Excellent padding, Zoombang is really flexible and protects knuckles and fingers even when striking against hard surfaces. I tried them against a couple metallic doors and concrete without harm.

* Soft and thin leather palm, no problem with weapons manipulations with rifle and pistol. Fingertips still able for pushing buttons, adjusting dials,...

* Towel fabric between thumb and index fingers, let's see how it smells after a dozen days drying my face with it :rolleyes:

* The detachable wrist strap works well, great for tucking my shirt under it before breaching.

Runs a little bit, next one will be one size smaller. Apart from it, I just love them... if they support three months of pre-deployment work the romance will continue :p

Pics forthcoming...

Dozer
07-15-10, 21:26
Deleted

DREK
08-02-10, 07:20
I recently got it.
Very nice.
Some photos.

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/7536/vtacgloves.jpg

And a great video here :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3Z4Yhzjtg4&feature=player_embedded

SMJayman
09-10-10, 21:14
Anybody washed these gloves yet? I wear gloves just about every day for work, and right now I have the Oakley SI Assaults. They work well for what I do, but I don't know if they'll be as awesome once it gets colder. But I digress...

The Oakleys wash well, and then I hang them dry. They have put up with this for a while now, and still look good and wear good. Will the zoombang stuff put up with this?

UDT
09-11-10, 08:54
Good info. Thanks, for sharing.

Arclight
09-11-10, 09:31
I second the question above -- do these stand up to washing well?

Also, do the colors bleed? When I get my Oakley SI gloves wet (or sweat through them), my hands are purple for days regardless of scrubbing.

cgcorrea
09-11-10, 12:44
I have been looking into getting a pair of these for a little while now. Can you acheive a solid handgun grip with the zoom bang pads there(I'm mainly refering to the grip of the support hand)? Thanks.

ra2bach
09-11-10, 14:36
they look... beefy... and they look just a tad big with material bunching up around the fingers. are you sure they're the right size?

I do like knuckle padding as it seems like every time I forget my gloves, I come home with a slice or a gouge right in that area. heel of the palm is another area that gets worn out on my gloves. I'd like to see that pad a little thinner and extend down around the bottom to the palm crease just before the base of the thumb.

based on your recommendation, for the price I'd give these a try...

C4IGrant
09-11-10, 15:28
tag

C4

Reseremb
09-11-10, 19:42
Mines are standing well after various weeks of shooting, driving and doing different exercises in hard conditions. One coworker are testing "psyco-style" his pair, and some cracks are starting to appear on the padding's stress areas.

For CQB, shooting from vehicles and H2H, these gloves are awesome. Oakleys still looks more tacticool, but I'm pretty satisfied with my purchase.

Next week I'll have to wash a lot of gear, will tell how it goes.

PS: These gloves, as mentioned on VTAC's website, run a size larger. I'm running a Medium size and they fit well, like my Oakley and Mechanix L size gloves.

Andy0331
09-13-10, 13:07
I have been looking into getting a pair of these for a little while now. Can you acheive a solid handgun grip with the zoom bang pads there(I'm mainly refering to the grip of the support hand)? Thanks.

I wondered the same thing, but with the introductory pricing, I figured I'd give them a shot.

They appear big & bulky, but in use I don't notice anything that provides any more interference than my Oakley gloves. In fact, they definitely feel better, much like a beefed up nomex flight glove.

cgcorrea
09-13-10, 14:53
I wondered the same thing, but with the introductory pricing, I figured I'd give them a shot.

They appear big & bulky, but in use I don't notice anything that provides any more interference than my Oakley gloves. In fact, they definitely feel better, much like a beefed up nomex flight glove.

I'll get a pair and give em a shot. Thanks bro.

Reseremb
09-25-10, 17:36
I have washed my gloves and are still well, the towel area doesn't stink anymore and everything looks and feel ok. The upper material (not the Zoombag pads) presents a few chips here and there because of impacts and such, but still working awesome.

The detachable wrist stap is great, will post pictures soon, promise :)