PDA

View Full Version : Korean-made Glock mags

Slater
07-16-10, 14:27
These can be seen advertised on various websites, and are usually in the $5-11 price range. The ones I've seen are promoted as "new 4th generation mags" and are "non-drop free".

I thought about getting a few for range practice with my Glock 17 since they're pretty cheap, but I don't want to buy a total POS either. Anyone have experience with these?

556A2
07-16-10, 14:31
I have about 5 of the KCI G19 magazines.

Asides from being hard to load, they have been great in my experience. I just use them for the range, and use factory Glock magazines for carry/HD.

Joe R.
07-16-10, 14:57
I have five of the KCI G19 mags as well. No problems to date. They were used in a Hackathorn class by a shooter from a ten round mag state with no issues as well.

ETA: I would not use them for the street. I use them as training mags only at this point.

djegators
07-16-10, 18:53
I have about 5 of the KCI G19 magazines.

Asides from being hard to load, they have been great in my experience. I just use them for the range, and use factory Glock magazines for carry/HD.

+1 on that. They do seem harder to load, but are fine for range use. Generally though, factory mags are pretty cheap, and often can buy used ones for even less, so no need to skimp too much.

skyugo
07-17-10, 15:03
i have 2 KCI G19 mags that have seen some very light range use. the base plates on both are cracked and broken. so if you use em, don't drop em. :blink:

Iraqgunz
07-17-10, 17:14
Absolute garbage mags- don't waste your money. Myself and a few others previously posted some info about these mags. There was an Army EOD unit in Iraq using these mags with their "acquired" Glocks and they experienced multiple malfunctions with them consistently.

I took the mags and smashed them with a hammer and gave them new factory mags.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=40109

Sigaholic
07-17-10, 19:57
Used several of these in a class a few weeks ago and they functioned fine. Would I buy more? Probably not. Save up a few extra bucks and find a good deal on factory mags. The Korean mags stay in my range bag for range use only.

kaltesherz
07-17-10, 20:59
I bought 2 for training when I bought my G19 about 8 months ago and are all I use in training, no problems at all. I saw that CDNN was having a sale for $6 a pop so I bought 4 more, and was surprised at how thier appearance / quality is much worse than the first ones I picked up. Lot's of plastic flash and the metal liner doesn't seem entirely lined up with the polymer body. I haven't shot them yet so we'll see if they're as reliable as the others.

murphy j
07-17-10, 22:04
Absolute garbage mags. experienced multiple malfunctions with them consistently.
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=40109

This has been my experience with them too.

ST911
07-17-10, 22:16
OEM mags only.

wicked_police
07-17-10, 22:27
Crap. I bought a few to try. While I had no stoppages in 400-500 rounds with 4 different guns, the fit inside the magwell was enough to make me get rid of them.

They were all too tight, but in varying degrees, which showed me the inconsistency in manufacturing.

I only buy Glock mags now.

citizensoldier16
07-17-10, 22:45
I took the mags and smashed them with a hammer and gave them new factory mags.

Since you're giving them away to an entire unit, feel free to send about 15 my way if you're feeling that generous.

Eric Shelton
07-18-10, 02:16
I was given two KCI G17 mags, complete with nylon belt "holster" for them by my well-meaning parents last Christmas. I actually took them to a MAG-40 class... but made sure to take lots of OEM mags, too.

After two revolutions on the line I quit using the KCI. By the end of the first day I threw both mags and the crappy holster in the trash. It seemed unethical to foist my problems upon some other unsuspecting shooter.

TheSmiter1
07-18-10, 11:59
They've worked well for range use for me (G19). Haven't malfunctioned yet. However, I wouldn't trust them in competition, classes, or self defense situations. But for target practice or personal training, are some immediate action drills really going to kill you?

Slater
07-18-10, 16:38
Thanks for all the info. Looks like they're to be avoided. I take it that KCI and Khan are essentially the same thing?