PDA

View Full Version : OAL length of LMT 10.5?

RyanS
06-12-07, 08:25
Does anyone know what I need to put for OAL on my Form 1 for an LMT 10.5 upper on an LMT lower with a CTR stock? Would the length of a KX3 need to be included? Thanks.

Chief_Wiggum
06-12-07, 08:38
Sorry, I'm not sure what the OAL should be. However, the barrel length and the OAL should be without any muzzle attachments unless they are going to be permanently attached.

RyanS
06-12-07, 10:41
No permanent attaching of anything here. That's why I'm doing the whole SBR thing. I'm just wanting to make sure as I don't want to have anything kicked back or have a visit from an ATF agent after it's all said and done.

CarlosDJackal
06-12-07, 15:53
In my Form 1, since I did not have the complete rifle on hand I just had to measure my 16-inch carbine and deduct the difference. I really don't think that they care about OAL once you have identified the barrel length as being less than 16-inches since a rifle becomes an SBR based on the barrel length OR the OAL.

I could be wrong though. I suggest contacting the NFA branch in WV if you want to be sure. Good luck!!

RHR
06-12-07, 17:24
Just checked my F1. I put 30.25" for OAL. Mine is a 10.5" LMT as well.

G19Tony
11-17-07, 12:29
ATF just cashed my check. On the questions about barrel length and OAL, I put:

Less than 16

Less than 30

They are apparently ok with that.

Don Robison
11-17-07, 16:37

Less than 16

Less than 30

Just because they cashed your check doesn't mean they are good with it. They cash all of the checks regardless of approval status.

G19Tony
11-17-07, 19:27
Just because they cashed your check doesn't mean they are good with it. They cash all of the checks regardless of approval status.

Well then, if they don't like me, I hope I get my money back. ;)

Don Robison
11-17-07, 20:00
Well then, if they don't like me, I hope I get my money back. ;)

If they don't like it they'll send it back for corrections and if for some reason they deny it, they'll give the money back. Never had one denied, but I've heard it takes several months before they give it back.

gaspipes
11-18-07, 19:54

Less than 16

Less than 30

Your form is coming back to you for an exact barrel length and an exact overall length. They no longer accept <16 and <26. If it gets approved, your examiner was asleep that day. ;)

G19Tony
11-19-07, 16:56
Your form is coming back to you for an exact barrel length and an exact overall length. They no longer accept <16 and <26. If it gets approved, your examiner was asleep that day. ;)

Poop! If it comes back, I guess I'll give them what they want. :)