PDA

View Full Version : possible bag contents

metallicorey
07-18-10, 07:14
i am putting together a possibles bag for my ar. i am asking you for a list of possible things that have gone wrong with your ar's and the parts and tools that would be needed to keep my weapon going. i am trying to keep it small, simple and light weight. my rig does not include any optics other than basic sights. ammo and magazines are already taken care of. i was going to include this kit in my good bag. thanks for your time.

Frens
07-18-10, 08:04
spare bolt and LPK is what I keep in my bag.
a multi-tool is always handy

rychencop
07-18-10, 09:40
spare bolt and LPK is what I keep in my bag.
a multi-tool is always handy

this and a small bottle of clp.

Frens
07-18-10, 10:49
this and a small bottle of clp.

yep forgot about it.
I usually keep a complete otis cleaning kit...they're nice and small

everything fit in a IFAKstyle pouch just fine

SeriousStudent
07-18-10, 11:17
Might I suggest a small ziplock, with a firing pin retaining pin, and a bolt cam pin? I remember a lot of young grunts accidentally misplacing those when cleaning weapons in the field.

A boresnake is also handy, and does not occupy a lot of room, if you did not want to carry an Otis kit.

Plus one on the small multi-tool.

rychencop
07-18-10, 12:50
Might I suggest a small ziplock, with a firing pin retaining pin, and a bolt cam pin? I remember a lot of young grunts accidentally misplacing those when cleaning weapons in the field.

A boresnake is also handy, and does not occupy a lot of room, if you did not want to carry an Otis kit.

Plus one on the small multi-tool.

yeah...any of the small parts associated with cleaning the weapon.

organdonor
07-18-10, 13:30
Tactical bacon: Never leave home without it.

trappernana
07-18-10, 13:48
The "small" stuff. I'm not a huge Bushy fan,but they do make some "field repair kits". I would definately get one. They have every small part you could lose.Dropping small pieces on the bench sucks much less dropping those same pieces out and about.:D Take cake of youself and all of those around you!:D

Gunzilla
07-18-10, 15:24
This is a list of what I currently carry in my 'to-go' bag, that will service 2 ARs:

LPK
Spare charging handle
2 lighter buffers (currently using a 9mm in one and a hydraulic buffer in the other)
Spare BCM bolt
Spare front sight posts
3 spare extractor springs and o-rings
Spare batteries for optics
Small bottle of Redline 20-50
'Blue' Locktite
Boresnake
Allen wrenches
Small- medium screw driver (or both)
1/16th" punch and a small jewelers brass hammer
....and my trusty Brownells AR15 Multi-tool.

(and a bag of various new Wolf springs for the 1911s)

I've seen lists like the one you asked for last year, somewhere, and it was quite long, my list is only scratching the surface.

Still need another spare bolt and spare pins for the bolts, and a few odds and ends, just to fill my basic needs.