PDA

View Full Version : Crye precision

R1pper
06-13-07, 11:34
Does anyone actually have any experience w/ any of thier clothing I.E. is it quality material. I want to purchase 2 pairs of their field pants and 2 field shirts for hunting and general "range" use.

johnson601
06-13-07, 12:13
After looking at thier products I also would be interested in seeing if anyone has had experience with thier gear. Looks cool anyway...

Pat_Rogers
06-13-07, 12:21
Note: I have done work for Crye in the past.

I have been wearing there field and combat uniforms (as well as armor) since they have been proto's.
The design, execution and quality are excellent.

KevinB
06-13-07, 13:30
I had a set of their preproduction stuff -- the qualit was very impressive. A gear maker friend figured they had to do it at a loss since the time and effort spent on the sewing quality was impressive.

No usage of their recent stuff --however, I want to get one of their blast belts.

NickB
06-13-07, 16:50
My word doesn't carry even a fraction of the weight that Kevin and Pat's do in this respect, but the gear I've worn and handled has been exceptional quality, not to mention the CRYE guys are a great group. The Magpul booth was right next to theirs at SHOT this year, and I'm very much looking forward to seeing them again in Vegas!

Gun-nut
06-13-07, 19:51
Isn't the Army switching to their multicam pattern?
I know they're going with multicam, but I don't know if it's the Crye product.

Pat_Rogers
06-13-07, 20:49
I know they're going with multicam, but I don't know if it's the Crye product

MultiCam is a trademaked product. That is, except for the usual Asian knock off markets and other assorted low lifes, the pattern is exclusively Crye.

Now, you stated that you "know" that the Army is switching to MultiCam.
care to elaborate on this? How exactly do you come by this knowledge:confused:

The errornet is full of bad info. So, if you have the solid evidence that you allude to, wanna' share it with us?

Jay Cunningham
06-13-07, 21:09
Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know.

—Feb. 12, 2002, Department of Defense news briefing

Pat_Rogers
06-13-07, 21:35
Now, that is funny!

LukeMacGillie
06-17-07, 08:16
Actual Crye produced gear and clothing is hard to find, Tops and boonies seem to be easier to find than Pants.

Eagle, TAD, HSGI and Tactical Tailor all make gear using Crye fabric and do it well. Eggroll also makes good gear, I just dont have any......

I can not comment on the current production SKD uniforms, but the gen 1 clothing was good to go.

TAD gear pants are the heat!

Im going to pick up some Propper ripstop.

Pat_Rogers
06-17-07, 09:56
I've seen the Propper clothes- looks to be viable and the teams that were using it seemed satisfied.

I still wait- with bated breath- for Gun_Nut to advise about how he knows the Big Army is going to MultiCam (tm) though...:D

QuietShootr
06-17-07, 10:34
All right, you two - quit playing with your food before you kill it.

Pat_Rogers
06-17-07, 12:09
Brother Terry- how you be (so to speak?)
Nah, not playing with food. Just curious as to what the source for this is- because i surely don't know...

Gun-nut
06-17-07, 18:10
Pat, you have a PM.

Know may be a strong word, but I feel my source is pretty reliable.:)

Pat_Rogers
06-17-07, 18:37
You have a PM, and hearsay does not constitute anything but a rumor.:D

QuietShootr
06-17-07, 18:46
Brother Terry- how you be (so to speak?)

I be good, my bráithre. Looking for trouble to get into, as usual:D

Gun-nut
06-17-07, 19:42
You have a PM, and hearsay does not constitute anything but a rumor.:D

i think you just defined the internet.:D

Cesiumsponge
06-17-07, 22:45
I have a few Crye articles and they're awesome...if they're in stock.

Still waiting since March and their pants are still out of stock.

I have some MOLLE MultiCam stuff made by Tactical Tailor (20-30 minute drive away). They do great stuff and can customize in person. I don't know if they can work that out online. Hopefully they'll expand their line and start making garb.