PDA

View Full Version : 7/18/10 Self defense in the news. (Fake FBI break in video)

Irish
07-18-10, 16:50
A couple of interesting stories I came upon... Follow link for fake FBI break in video: http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/state/fake-fbi-agents-try-and-break-into-home

Some scary shit... FBI jackets & hats along with fake badges around their necks.

COOPER CITY, Fla. - A Cooper City family awoke to the sounds of three men posing as FBI agents on Wednesday.

The three men were caught on home surveillance video.

They were all wearing t-shirts with the words FBI on them and had fake badges around their necks.

A father, mother and three children were all inside, when the heard the men say "FBI, police! Open up!"

The mother called the real police and the father grabbed his gun.

The father fired a warning shot and the three men took off running.

The families front door was damaged by the intruders.

The suspects are still on the loose.

Irish
07-18-10, 16:52
Follow link for video: http://charlotte.news14.com/content/top_stories/628167/man-at-atm-fires-back-at-would-be-armed-robber

CHARLOTTE -- Police say a man shot a would-be robber Thursday night at an east Charlotte ATM.

According to police, the man was attempting to use a Cash Points ATM on Eastway Drive at North Tryon Street around 11 p.m. A suspect seemingly saw that as an opportunity and tried to rob the victim at gunpoint.

However, that victim was also armed. He shot the suspect twice in the leg. Police officials report that suspect suffered non-life-threatening injuries.

CMPD officials are no longer interviewing the shooter in the case, who they say did cooperate with detectives in their investigation. No charges are pending against him.

The suspected robber will face charges once that person is released from the hospital.

Ed L.
07-18-10, 17:17
I would like to thank you for the time you spend finding these accounts and reposting them here on m4.net.

tampam4
07-18-10, 17:25
Scary shit indeed. One of these days somebody is going to shoot a LEO because of stories like these. I wonder why the owner had a surveillance system already installed, if they've had something similar happen before.

Irish
07-18-10, 17:29
I would like to thank you for the time you spend finding these accounts and reposting them here on m4.net.

You're welcome :smile:

I read about quite a few more than I actually post lately but it started to get a little repetitive. I think these 2 stood out in the past week and especially the "FBI" break in video. These style of impersonator home invasions are becoming more popular and are very scary in the fact that you never know if it's a case of mistaken address/bad tip or if they're bad guys posing as the good guys. It's been discussed a few times here on M4C and I still don't know the right answer other than trust your gut instinct. The lady calling 911 right away was a very good tip in the unfortunate case that this were to ever happen to anyone reading this.

bkb0000
07-18-10, 17:40
these guys hit the house so amateur style, there probably wasn't too much doubt. perhaps if it hadn't been for the badges and jackets, the home owner wouldn't have fired a "warning" shot- but gone full mag dump on all three of them. but the last thing anybody wants to do is shoot a cop... fortunately, these ****s took the hint.

Honu
07-18-10, 18:34
scary as that seems to be even more on the rise ?
it seems to happen here in Phoenix quite a bit ? last one I heard the guy was found with the vest and everything in his trunk !!!

scary scary

so far lucky that many of them are drug house related ? but the spill over seems to have started happening to regular folks

my neighbor was saying his friend had his place broken into came in yelling police smacked em on the head tied him up stuffed him in the closet and then beat him for hours to try to get more out of him ?

finally left but his bud thought he was dead !!!!

one of our friends was broken into lucky they were gone but almost every neighbor of theirs was broken into home invasion style where the owners were beaten and robbed and it went on for hours in each home !!!!

so now I know two people one directly the other a friend this has happened to scares the p out of me for sure and both were not drug related at all purely wanted money and stuff

Irish
07-19-10, 11:47
these guys hit the house so amateur style, there probably wasn't too much doubt. perhaps if it hadn't been for the badges and jackets, the home owner wouldn't have fired a "warning" shot- but gone full mag dump on all three of them. but the last thing anybody wants to do is shoot a cop... fortunately, these ****s took the hint.

Amateur hour at it's finest. They're very lucky and their FBI halloween costumes most likely saved their asses.

QuietShootr
07-19-10, 11:57
A couple of interesting stories I came upon... Follow link for fake FBI break in video: http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/state/fake-fbi-agents-try-and-break-into-home

Some scary shit... FBI jackets & hats along with fake badges around their necks.

Unpossible. I have been repeatedly assured, both on here and on barfcom, that anyone breaking down your door yelling "POLICE" is the police, and if you don't want to be killed and your dog stomped, you must never resist anyone who invokes that magical word.

QuietShootr
07-19-10, 12:00
Scary shit indeed. One of these days somebody is going to shoot a LEO because of stories like these. I wonder why the owner had a surveillance system already installed, if they've had something similar happen before.

I have a surveillance system BECAUSE I know shit happens. I am neither a drug user or dealer nor a criminal of any description (I mention this because I was once accused by a fellow who claimed to be a cop on barfcom of having something to do with drugs, because "only drug dealers have cameras on their houses."

Besides, I figure sauce for the goose makes fine sauce for the gander.

tampam4
07-19-10, 12:43
I have a surveillance system BECAUSE I know shit happens. I am neither a drug user or dealer nor a criminal of any description (I mention this because I was once accused by a fellow who claimed to be a cop on barfcom of having something to do with drugs, because "only drug dealers have cameras on their houses."

Besides, I figure sauce for the goose makes fine sauce for the gander.

Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest only drug dealers/criminals have a home surveillance system. There just usually seems to be a connection to the house being invaded and cameras being put up. Of course, anybody can have cameras for what ever reason they choose to do so.

Irish
07-19-10, 12:53
Of course, anybody can have cameras for what ever reason they choose to do so.

Littlelebowski's stated on several occasions that he has a surveillance camera system installed at his house. Personally, if you can afford it, I think it's a great idea. Just another layer of protection for you and your loved ones.