PDA

View Full Version : a quick question fellas

champ198
07-19-10, 09:53
i put this in the build forum but it should probably go here instead

got a guy wanting to do some tradeing with me on some fishing equiptment i have listed on a few sites including this one.
hes tellin me he has everything to build an AR other than the Bcg and lower rec.
he said all parts are F/N and high military grade.
What is F/N?
he said hes got an A2 upper rec, 20" barrel stock,buffer spring and tube, gas tube and so on, but i dont know what he means by F/N.
is it a brand name or something?
the stuff i have listed i have listed for $1000. hes wanting to trade me a marlin 44 mag lever gun with scope, which i really dont need but can sell it to fund other things for this AR i want to build but the F/N thing has me a little confused. it sounds like a decent deal and he said he would throw in 200 rounds of 223 ammo.
i was thinkin of selling the A2 upper and buying the DD A3 i got my eye on. i sent him a reply and asked for brand names of the components to see if its really worth it.
so anyone got any idea what hes meaning by F/N??

rychencop
07-19-10, 10:08
FN = Fabrique Nationale (http://www.fnhusa.com/)

they currently have the contract to build M16A4's for the military. they are not available commercially, but some do pop up from time to time. tell him to send you detailed pics of the upper receiver and barrel markings. you're looking for the FN forging mark on the upper and FN markings on the barrel. many people claim to have the ever elusive FN parts, but most turn out to be something else.

and to be honest with you, the upper without the BCG, 200 rnds. of 5.56 and a Marlin 44 mag does not = $1000. i would want pics of both first and at least 500 rnds + a FN BCG (bolt carrier group)

champ198
07-19-10, 10:27
thanks a bunch i appriciate the info. he has said he would give me the 44 mag and $500 cash so ill probably go that route and just sell the 44 mag since i really dont need it.
i asked him to get me some pictures and what brands the parts are he has so ill wait and see and just go from there.

rychencop
07-19-10, 10:35
thanks a bunch i appriciate the info. he has said he would give me the 44 mag and $500 cash so ill probably go that route and just sell the 44 mag since i really dont need it.
i asked him to get me some pictures and what brands the parts are he has so ill wait and see and just go from there.

yeah...that's more like it if the .44 and the "FN" upper are in good shape.

champ198
07-19-10, 10:45
ill see what he says. i would rather just do the build the way i want and have it layed out now instead of trying to see if i could make the stuff he has work not knowing exactly what it is. so i sent him a email and said id take the 44 mag and scope the 200 rounds of .223 he has as well as some handgun ammo he has in 9mm and 40 S&W and $500 cash and call it a deal.
now jsut wait and see what he says.
hope he takes the deal and i can sell the 44 mag pretty quick so i can get started on my AR build. im chomping at the mouth to get this thing goin bad

champ198
07-19-10, 13:44
There is some more stuff he is putting in the trade. here is what he said
All parts are F/N. High quality/military grade. I have; upper receiver w/A2 sight, complete barrel assembly(20"), stock, buffer spring & tube, gas tube. All you would need would be a complete lower & bolt group. Also have a seperate, camo forearm, colapseable stock & pistol grip for a carbine.

are the F/N parts something that would be easy to sell if needed?
hes wanting now to trade me all this the 44 mag rifle with scope and GG&G rail and light mount as well as 200 rounds of 223 and 100 rounds of 9mm
that be worth it?

rychencop
07-19-10, 13:57
if they are real FN parts they would sell quick. problem is verifying they are indeed FN. he sounds pretty insistent which raises suspicion.

champ198
07-19-10, 14:11
kind of what i thought as well. i would much rather have the cash and the 44 but he seems like he really wants to get rid of the AR parts, before i do anything ill get pictures and make sure and ask you all what they are first. if they are real F/N parts id do the deal and jsut buy my own stuff but if they aint...well...........

Fyrhazzrd
07-19-10, 14:22
I was thinking it sounds suspicious to me as well. Even if he were to supply pictures; how would you know if they are of the actual gun or not. He could ship you something completely different and then disappear off the face of the earth. I would be very cautious if I were you.

logan09
07-19-10, 14:31
Definitely wait for pictures. The barrel will say FNMI MP 5.56 Nato 1x7, the A2 upper will have a:
F keyhole
FA
FM
FK
FMB
With the FN upper complete minus BCG, and CH, your looking at $300 at the most. I Highly doubt the A2 stock, and collapsible stock are FN. FN probably gets those parts from other manufactures anyways. Both stocks are worth $50ea. I would make him ship the stuff to you first.