PDA

View Full Version : Inception

parishioner
07-20-10, 16:03
I know there are plenty of movie buffs here, but even if you aren't, don't walk...run to the nearest theater to catch this.

No politics were injected into this one so you can hang on and enjoy the ride without getting pissed off. Truly stunning and brain twisting. I was literally mentally exhausted leaving the theater but in a good way. You will have to see this film a minimum of two times to fully grasp what happens and even then, your questions may not be answered. It can also be interpreted in many ways which makes for great conversation. Go with someone because you will want to discuss it afterwords.

They hit it out of the park with this one. Truly impressive. I won't say its may favorite film,yet, but it makes my top 10 list comfortably.

M4arc
07-20-10, 16:09
Thanks for the heads up, I was hoping to see this on my next road trip and now I will definitely make a point to go.

variablebinary
07-20-10, 16:29
Inception is a stunning movie.

It's literally mesmerizing to watch.

Great acting, action, effects, story.

Best movie of the year by far.

rljatl
07-20-10, 16:30
Good to hear. I've been wanting to see this one.

Moose-Knuckle
07-20-10, 17:42
I had to miss the opening weekend but plan watching this coming one. I'm a huge movie buff and have been looking forward to this one.

RogerinTPA
07-20-10, 18:01
Good to know. I'm planning on checking it out this weekend.

Treehopr
07-20-10, 18:14
On a road trip for work and got done early today.

It was a toss up between this and Knight and Day, I saw Inception and I'm glad I did.

Truly impressive- not a movie that appeals to the lowest common denominator or beats you over the head with the plot.

Vinh
07-20-10, 20:17
Definitely a must-own.

SW-Shooter
07-20-10, 20:23
Few movies today actually make you have to pay attention. If your mind wanders off you will be lost and never find your way back. This movie is like a difficult puzzle, some people just won't get it. 10 out of 10, must see. I bet it's great on IMAX.

dookie1481
07-21-10, 01:08
I've been waiting for this movie for about a year and a half, ever since it got green-lit.

It was everything I hoped it would be and more. I'm going to see it again Friday for the third time.

Jay

ForTehNguyen
07-21-10, 07:24
this movie was total mental concentration for 2.5 hours for me. Loved it

spoiler picture below but it explains a lot for those confused:
http://media2.firstshowing.net/firstshowing/img2/inception5levels-visualguide480full.jpg

Dave_M
07-21-10, 11:24
Visually very stunning.

Plot was obvious and ending easily guessed within the first ten minutes.

Character development at a flat zero.

I liked the visuals and some of the camera directing. The rest was positively, 'meh' at best. Shades of Avatar.

dookie1481
07-21-10, 13:10
Visually very stunning.

I liked the visuals and some of the camera directing. The rest was positively, 'meh' at best. Shades of Avatar.

The lack of character development may or may not have been intentional based on how you interpret the movie.

Jay

jmp45
07-21-10, 13:15
I've heard good things about this film. Have to ask, did they use tripods? If it's a shaky cam film I'll have to pass.

caporider
07-21-10, 13:18
I've heard good things about this film. Have to ask, did they use tripods? If it's a shaky cam film I'll have to pass.

I saw the IMAX version and did not experience any motion sickness -- so I'd say no shaky-cam. The cinematography is very good.

Dave_M
07-21-10, 13:29
The lack of character development may or may not have been intentional based on how you interpret the movie.

Jay

I actually had this conversation with the friend I saw the movie with. Even if intentional, it means that I don't connect with any of them (nor particularly care what happens to them).

jmp45
07-21-10, 13:31
I saw the IMAX version and did not experience any motion sickness -- so I'd say no shaky-cam. The cinematography is very good.

Thanks Cap..

SW-Shooter
07-21-10, 14:18
Visually very stunning.

There always has to be one in the group.

HD1911
07-21-10, 14:26
Worst movie i've ever seen...

nah just kidding! I hope to go see it in IMAX on friday!!! :D

f.2
07-21-10, 14:41
loved it. trying to figure out if one of the main characters was real or just a projection. someone who may never have been shown in real time. i hope they don't do a sequel.

dookie1481
07-21-10, 15:13
I actually had this conversation with the friend I saw the movie with. Even if intentional, it means that I don't connect with any of them (nor particularly care what happens to them).

If it's intentional, then you aren't supposed to connect with them.

Jay

Dave_M
07-21-10, 15:38
If it's intentional, then you aren't supposed to connect with them.

Jay

Yes indeed. It also makes for a movie that has to be gussied up completely with CGI for people to enjoy it (much like Avatar, as I previously mentioned).

There always has to be one in the group.

I just did not find the plot thought-provoking at all. I checked my watch probably a dozen times after the first 30 minutes (I'd never walk out of a movie that I paid $10 to see). I have tastes like everyone else.

parishioner
07-21-10, 15:50
Yes indeed. It also makes for a movie that has to be gussied up completely with CGI for people to enjoy it (much like Avatar, as I previously mentioned).

Actually, comparatively speaking, there was an overall lack of CGI. The director has said he prefers to use practical effects rather than CGI as much as possible. The spinning hotel hallway scene? Shot in an actual room.

Dave_M
07-21-10, 16:48
Actually, comparatively speaking, there was an overall lack of CGI. The director has said he prefers to use practical effects rather than CGI as much as possible. The spinning hotel hallway scene? Shot in an actual room.

Moot point. How about, "Special Effects". Different mechanism to the same end.

RogerinTPA
07-21-10, 17:02
Few movies today actually make you have to pay attention. If your mind wanders off you will be lost and never find your way back. This movie is like a difficult puzzle, some people just won't get it. 10 out of 10, must see. I bet it's great on IMAX.

Sorta like Pulp Fiction. A lot of folks still don't get that movie.:eek:

dookie1481
07-21-10, 18:41

I just did not find the plot thought-provoking at all. I checked my watch probably a dozen times after the first 30 minutes (I'd never walk out of a movie that I paid $10 to see). I have tastes like everyone else.

Okay.

skyugo
07-21-10, 19:26
awesome movie.
it keeps you interested and entertained the whole time. makes you think a bit too.

sadmin
07-22-10, 22:04
I have a question... when can be begin discussion without spoiling it for others...

dookie1481
07-22-10, 22:06
I have a question... when can be begin discussion without spoiling it for others...

New thread, perhaps?

HD1911
07-22-10, 22:40
yes NEW THREAD with SPOILER written in the thread title pls!

parishioner
07-22-10, 23:01

Who's spoiling it?

sadmin
07-22-10, 23:08
Nobody,
I mean, I want to discuss, but was worried about spoiling. I will make a new thread.

Who's spoiling it?

parishioner
07-22-10, 23:12
Nobody,
I mean, I want to discuss, but was worried about spoiling. I will make a new thread.

Gotcha.