PDA

View Full Version : Question/dilemma

l3mon
07-20-10, 18:13
Ok so I have a 20" barrel waiting. It's a rifle length gas system, now my options are: sell it, build a long range upper 'spr', or cut it done to 16" and build it as a normal rifle length rifle. If I sell it I'd start and sbr, now keep in mind I have a m&p with a 16 barrel already, so? Wwyd?

organdonor
07-20-10, 18:52
I want an SPR so I chose SPR.

wahoo95
07-20-10, 19:03
I orginally set out to build an SPR type rfle and came across a sweet deal on a 20" WOA barrel so I jumped on it with the inten of cutting it back to 18" at some point. I went ahead with my build and after seeing how well the gun shoots I decided to leave it as is.......making it more of a DMR type rifle. I think SPR's are sexy and still want one, I just didn't want to mess with this one after seeing what it was capable of.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb244/a996hawk/IMG_4296.jpg

Grease Monkey
07-20-10, 19:43
You have a decision to make!!! Your choices, Long range build or SBR are at different ends of the spectrum. You have a middle of the road rifle (M&P15)..... Which are you likely to use more/what's the intended purpose? What do you want more? SBRs are more complicated to acquire than the other. So..... I think you need to decide what type of shooting/training you want to do b4 you decide.

jaxman7
07-20-10, 20:14
Hey bud! How are ya?! A very off topic answer but I'll send you those 3 gun pics tomorrow. On topic exactly what greasemonkey stated. What is the intended purpose and of course is money a very big factor? Are You planning on building a strict SPR or do you intend on just building an upper that you want to swap out on occasion? At least for my purposes (and they are limited by budget) I believe the perfect all around combo is a 16/14.5" barrel with a middy gas system is a GREAT compromise all things considered.