PDA

View Full Version : MS2 single point config on UBR - a simple hack

ZombieKiller
07-20-10, 22:00
I recently installed a new UBR stock and have been trying to find a good way to use the MS2 with it, and this is what I came up with. I just unthreaded the lanyard piece that is shown separately in the first pic, then attached a standard push-button swivel in its place, and attached the clamp on the other end of the sling to the swivel as well. No permanent modification/destruction to anything, and so far it works pretty well. I hope this is useful to others.

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/3693/sling1e.jpg

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/7800/sling2.jpg

Watrdawg
07-21-10, 07:06
I have the same setup except that I used the MS2 as is. The only thing I don't really like is that the sling itself is kind of thin. I wish it were either wider or padded.

MTechnik
07-21-10, 14:16
brilliant idea, thanks!

WEC
07-21-10, 14:31
This is indeed a nice and simple way of being able to adapt the MS2 for the UBR.

However, it still does not allow true ambidexterity of the sling during shoulder transitions, which is what some UBR owners are lamenting - the issue that one cannot use something like an ASAP plate with the UBR.

Still, a very nice Occam's razor solution. :)

eternal24k
07-21-10, 16:56
The only thing I don't really like is that the sling itself is kind of thin. I wish it were either wider or padded.

agreed

ZombieKiller
07-21-10, 17:03
I could definitely stand for it to be wider, but I like the softness and slipperiness of it, which makes it easy to change positions with less snagging or tangling.

n00b
07-21-10, 17:56
Wouldn't it be the same if you just hooked both of the attachments to the swivel?

:)

Complication
07-21-10, 18:03
Wouldn't it be the same if you just hooked both of the attachments to the swivel?

:)

The simpler (as in fewer parts attached to other parts) the better. Plus this way he can transition to a 2-point and doesn't have to worry about the MS2's quick-release getting tugged open.

ZombieKiller
07-21-10, 19:24
The simpler (as in fewer parts attached to other parts) the better. Plus this way he can transition to a 2-point and doesn't have to worry about the MS2's quick-release getting tugged open.

Exactly. Plus, with the MS2 quick-release attached to the sling swivel, there is way to much room for both ends to move around. By putting the strap directly through the swivel it is nice and tight, and feels much more solid.