PDA

View Full Version : R U ready training

FireandFlames
07-21-10, 00:10
I saw a commercial for this place late last night on comedy central; it caught my interest simply by being a firearms training outfit that advertised on TV, my interest exploded when the guy started claiming to be a delta force operator on TV.

http://rureadyradio.com/

So has anyone heard of them?

Complication
07-21-10, 09:14
Now there's a combination you don't see every day:
Radio Station, "testosterone filled truth ministry," and tactical firearms training center.

WHOIS shows the site was registered 16 Jan. 2010 to a Dan Parker of Parker Financial Group in Gahanna (outskirts of Columbus), OH, who apparently sells insurance. Other than that and what you can pick up browsing the site, I got nothing. Personally, I'm not especially interested in firearms training that's packed with "Now this is a tactic you can use when Obama comes for your guns" or "This will be important to know when an Iranian EMP kills 90% of Americans."
Or maybe the guy keeps his amped-up political stuff and his gun-running separate. Who knows. If you have an experience with RUReady, let us know. Tough to tell how legit he is without creds or a bio.

WHOIS: http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-search/rureadyradio.com

LOKNLOD
07-21-10, 09:47
totally a snap judgement, but...

Personally I have trouble taking anyone too seriously when their business name sounds like either a text message from a 14 y.o. girl or a something that would be printed across the bottom of a picture of a cat making a funny face on the internet. :rolleyes:

ETA: Sorry I didn't realize I butted into the local group. Got here from the "new posts" button.

Complication
07-21-10, 09:55
totally a snap judgement, but...

Personally I have trouble taking anyone too seriously when their business name sounds like either a text message from a 14 y.o. girl or a something that would be printed across the bottom of a picture of a cat making a funny face on the internet. :rolleyes:

Well I thought that went without saying...

FireandFlames
07-21-10, 10:20
I have absolutely no experience with them, just the "delta force operator" claim on cable TV grabbed my attention. Looking at the rest of the site, I'm 95% sure its BS and I feel like having the POWNET check him out.
He wasn't shooting right in his commercial anyways. :rolleyes:

huklbrry
07-21-10, 12:30
Sounds a lot like the guys in martial arts mags who take out the full-page add claiming to be "ex-SEALS" that guarantee that with the purchase of all 20 Dvds, you too will be a trained killa:sarcastic: