PDA

View Full Version : FULL - Vickers Tactical 1-Day Basic Handgun Class - NC‎ - Nov 20, 2010

VA_Dinger
07-21-10, 17:13
FULL - Vickers Tactical 1-Day Basic Handgun Class - NC‎ - November 20, 2010

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/vickers-tactical-logo.jpg

www.vickerstactical.com

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/lav-hk45.jpg

Larry Vickers is a retired career special operations soldier with 20-plus years of service to our country. A longtime 1st SFOD- Delta operational member, he was a key player in the small arms marksmanship expertise and weapons selection of that Unit. He brings a very unique set of skills to the market, and has a wide and varied background in the firearms industry.

Select Special Operations , Military, and Law Enforcement Units seek him out on a regular basis for expert combat marksmanship training. Considered one of the best combat marksmanship instructors in the U.S, he has become one of the most sought after instructors in the Worldwide Special Operations community.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/logo.jpg

Grey Group Training:
www.greygrouptraining.com

Vickers Tactical 1-Day Basic Handgun Class - NC‎ - November 20, 2010

This class is an entry level course for handgun shooters and is designed specifically for those who have not had any formal instruction or those who wish a refresher class. Topics covered include the following: safety, stance, grip, sight alignment and trigger control. Familiarization with their service pistol includes field stripping and maintenance. In addition to this, other topics that are covered include reloads, draw, and introduction to different skill drills including dry fire and bullseye shooting.

Primary Instructor: Larry Vickers

- Class dates: November 20, 2010

- Cost: $225

- Class size: Maximum sixteen students

Weapon & Gear Class Requirements:

- Eye and Ear Protection (electronic hearing protection is preferred)
- Serviceable handgun of at least 9mm Para caliber
- Serviceable holster
- Minimum one double magazine pouch / Ability to carry minimum of two magazines
- Minimum of three serviceable magazines (5 is better)
- 500 rounds of ammunition
- Suitable range wear depending on the season
- Good attitude

If you are interested in attending this class please use this link to the Grey Group Training sign-up page:

http://stores.greygrouptraining.com/-strse-3566/LAV-1-Day-Basic/Detail.bok

Or just call the store at 910-323-GREY (4739).

If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact me;
training@greygrouptraining.com

SBushong
07-22-10, 19:04
I'm in, along with the Basic Carbine on the next day.

VA_Dinger
07-23-10, 15:25
I'm in, along with the Basic Carbine on the next day.

Awesome, welcome aboard.

I look forward to meeting you in the classes.

M4arc
07-23-10, 15:42
VA_Dinger, please sign me up for this and the following days class as well. Thanks!

coble0369
07-25-10, 19:03
I'd like to get into this and the Carbine class as well.

jdavis6576
07-25-10, 19:12
I'm in for this class too...

SURVIVORTYPE
08-02-10, 12:52
Also just signed up for this class as well as the carbine the following day. Looking forward to taking my first formal training class. See you guys in Nov.

bkpisme
08-19-10, 10:56
I just signed up for this class and the carbine class the next day. This will be my first formal training class also and I can't wait.

VA_Dinger
08-19-10, 11:13
Welcome aboard guys.

As always this will be one awesome class.

Rmplstlskn
09-22-10, 21:37
Anyone coming down from VA to NC via I-95 that may want to car pool? Meet in Richmond or ???

Maybe even split hotel room costs?

Trying to make it affordable so I can go...

Rmpl

Uglyguns
10-07-10, 12:32
In. :happy:

V/r
Uglyguns

Icculus
10-13-10, 13:47
Looking forward to meeting you guys at this class and the carbine class the following day

I noticed reading one of the AAR's from another Vickers class that there is/might be a section of dry fire drills with the pistol. So are snap caps required equipment to bring for the class? If so I need to make sure they make it in the range bag.

NCPatrolAR
10-13-10, 14:01
Looking forward to meeting you guys at this class and the carbine class the following day

I noticed reading one of the AAR's from another Vickers class that there is/might be a section of dry fire drills with the pistol. So are snap caps required equipment to bring for the class? If so I need to make sure they make it in the range bag.

Yes, you will be doing some dry-fire drills during the course but snap caps are not required.

Icculus
10-13-10, 14:12
Thanks. Just wanted to check, especially since I've read that dry firing an M&P without them is a good way to break a firing pin. Not to mention those little buggers never seem to stay in the same place in my house or in my range bag. I can't count how many I've lost over the years; I think the dog is eating them:D

bulbvivid
10-13-10, 14:33
Just go the go ahead from the boss.

Looking forward to it.

Icculus
10-15-10, 12:41
One more perhaps stupid question. Serviceable holster. Is running an IWB (M-Tac) just a terrible idea for the class?

Defaultmp3
10-31-10, 14:44
Is anyone interested in sharing a room? At Days Inn, a 1 king sized bed room is only 4 to 5 USD cheaper than a 2 double beds room (60 USD vs. 56 USD with the 20% discount if you book 14 days in advance). I'm only doing the pistol course, so I'll only be there the night of the 19th and 20th.

C45P312
10-31-10, 16:15
Is anyone interested in sharing a room? At Days Inn, a 1 king sized bed room is only 4 to 5 USD cheaper than a 2 double beds room (60 USD vs. 56 USD with the 20% discount if you book 14 days in advance). I'm only doing the pistol course, so I'll only be there the night of the 19th and 20th.

I'd love to share a room but it looks like the class is full. I signed up and everything on GGT website and the thread title didn't say full. But then got an email saying the class if full. I would need 2 seats for me to come down! Hopefully 2 people drop.