PDA

View Full Version : First tacticool feature on AR

cdj588
07-21-10, 21:34
This is going to sound dumb possibly a little queer buuuuut. I just got my new Troy vertical grip in the mail and I was wondering before I put it on do I need to put something on the rail to prevent the grips clamp from scratching the rail? Like some kinda of grease or paper something?

marco.g
07-21-10, 21:36
This is going to sound dumb possibly a little queer buuuuut. I just got my new Troy vertical grip in the mail and I was wondering before I put it on do I need to put something on the rail to prevent the grips clamp from scratching the rail? Like some kinda of grease or paper something?

no you dont want anything in between the rail surface and the mounted device. the finish matters not.

Stickman
07-21-10, 21:42

Clamp it to the rail. There are other products which may gouge, but this isn't one of them. There may be small scratches when you take it off, but its not going to damage it any.

C-grunt
07-22-10, 03:30
Little scratches gives the rifle character. If the rifle doesnt have any blemishes on it you need to shoot it more.:smile:

toekneeg
07-22-10, 08:41
Little scratches gives the rifle character. If the rifle doesnt have any blemishes on it you need to shoot it more.:smile:

I agree. My rifle was show room condition for a while, until I started doing the competitive shoots in town. Looks like I've been to war already.

Icculus
07-22-10, 14:46
I can't knock you because I was much the same why for a while, until I adopted the "its a tool" mentality. Do yourself a favor. Take your rifle outside, toss it down in some gravel, kick some dirt on it, spit on it, etc. Then you won't worry so much going forward about the little cosmetic things:D

Amicus
07-23-10, 09:07
King of like getting a new car dinged in a parking lot. It takes the first scratch to get your mind right about your rifle's true value and your approach to it.

Skyyr
07-23-10, 10:14
King of like getting a new car dinged in a parking lot. It takes the first scratch to get your mind right about your rifle's true value and your approach to it.

Unless you saw the nimrod that banged it - then I'm getting his insurance information and getting it repaired right away, regardless of how small it is. :D

I personally have the mentality/approach to have two of each weapon: a highly-accurized safe queen that gets babied and a practically-accurate do-it-all gun that I can run and abuse.