PDA

View Full Version : The Runaway Slave movie. Black conservatives in America

tampam4
07-23-10, 00:03
Runaway Slave - The Documentary, with Pastor C.L. Bryant. An honest discussion about black conservatives in America. "Run away from the slavery of tyranny towards the blessings of liberty!"

trailer (the annoying, quick flashing will stop about 1min 20 in)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55aujTwuJY8

Coming out sometime in 2011. Seems interesting, and personally I think something similar is long overdue. Maybe there has been something before, but I have yet to notice it.

http://www.runawayslavemovie.com

armakraut
07-23-10, 10:27
Anybody who attains escape velocity from the plantation rarely wants to go back.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crab_mentality

variablebinary
07-23-10, 14:38
Anybody who attains escape velocity from the plantation rarely wants to go back.

There is a huge revisionist history movement taking place that would have you think otherwise; that being black in Dixie wasnt all that bad.

armakraut
07-23-10, 16:14
That's been going on since about April of 1865. LBJ got them back on the plantation track about 1965.

SteyrAUG
07-23-10, 17:12

Bingo.

The first problem is blacks with an identity crisis. They struggle to define themselves and in the process ensure they will never be free. The preoccupation with "what defines black" bonds them forever to the limitations of that definition.

A free individual never defines himself in such a manner.

Littlelebowski
07-23-10, 17:15
That's been going on since about April of 1865. LBJ got them back on the plantation track about 1965.

Exactly. Well said.

Spiffums
07-23-10, 20:20
There is a huge revisionist history movement taking place that would have you think otherwise; that being black in Dixie wasnt all that bad.

The only thing that has changed is the slave don't have to actually work now.

Left Sig
07-23-10, 21:49
Bingo.

The first problem is blacks with an identity crisis. They struggle to define themselves and in the process ensure they will never be free. The preoccupation with "what defines black" bonds them forever to the limitations of that definition.

A free individual never defines himself in such a manner.

Well said. Defining yourself by your race, means your race will always define you.

Littlelebowski
07-23-10, 22:49
Looking forward to hearing from our many black members on here.

SteyrAUG
07-23-10, 22:58
Looking forward to hearing from our many black members on here.

I don't think many people who define themselves according to "black" would actually be here. Firearm forums (except for GoldGat.com) are kinda taboo like country music.

:laugh:

Littlelebowski
07-23-10, 23:04
Black gun owners on M4C (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=29381). One of my favorite threads.

SteyrAUG
07-23-10, 23:16
Black gun owners on M4C (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=29381). One of my favorite threads.

Wait...how does the line go?

"Some of my best friends are black gun owners."

:D

http://img462.imageshack.us/img462/6418/crew49mt.jpg

ChicagoTex
07-24-10, 01:03
The guy on the left's is bigger :D

The semi-revisionist history of slavery in America is basically centered around the theme that having a place to live and food to eat as a slave was preferable to being broke and homeless as a newly liberated black man in an economy that made no provisions for the huge influx of potential workers who needed jobs...
That's swell and all as long as you think shitty to nominal room and board was adequate justification for the absolute subjugation of an entire people. The freedom to choose how you live, and where you go is worth more than that most, if not all, people, however, and that's why slavery was ended.

Yes, not all slaves had it as terrible as Levar Burton on Roots, but they weren't free and were only treated as "well" as they were contingent on their willingness to dedicate their entire lives to their master's will, and all the room and board in the world can't justify stealing a person's self-determination.

Now that I've laid that groundwork I can start speaking towards this video itself:

Most of these guys could not be more spot on if they tried. I'm a huge fan in particular of those who point out that:
1. In every circumstance, accepting government money means giving personal control to government. (There is a wide range of opinion on how much is too much, but this fundamental truth should NEVER be forgotten)
2. Current Ghetto culture, perpetuated largely primarily by blacks is self-defeating. One guy pointed out that if you look at social issues as social issues you can work on, you engage the mindset that something can be done about it, if you write it off as "racism", you put the power in others' hands.

I did totally want to strangle the guy who tried to blame black out-of-wedlock births and welfare collections on the Black vote switching to Democrat. Those are internal social issues and have absolutely nothing to do with whether blacks vote democrat, republican, green, or anything else.

And this main guy has some very valid points, but I think he's overreacted in saying that government in it's entirety should be run away from at full clip. A proper government isn't slavery, it's the highest form of self-determination, and I feel THAT should be the goal.
Plus, he's a touch too theatrical for my tastes, but if it gets peoples' attention... why the hell not?

warpigM-4
07-24-10, 02:20
I might get flamed for this But who gives a Sh@t ,slavery is over and the whitey owes me is a drum that has been beat to death.I am sick and tried of the race card being pulled and the south being blamed for everything to do with slavery ,
how do you think new york was built they also Omitted the part in history during the war between the states how ,Blacks were hung from the street lights in New York.
AS I tell some of the Blacks I know who go off on the woe is me I am Black ,I tell them wait we have a Black pres you can do anything you want ,But you have to work for it which is something a lot of them just won't do.
These Black Men in the trailer seem to be trying to get the Message out to Blacks that they are truly right back in the same Boat because Now the New slave owners are the Goverment ,I hope they listen and Make a change and Not the Obama Change I think a lot of Blacks who voted for Him are Now seeing He Might be Black But he is still the Master of the Plantation
I want all Americans to follow their dreams ,Build a life get a Job ,work take care of their family and stop relying on the Goverment to hand out free checks

Left Sig
07-24-10, 03:04
I did totally want to strangle the guy who tried to blame black out-of-wedlock births and welfare collections on the Black vote switching to Democrat. Those are internal social issues and have absolutely nothing to do with whether blacks vote democrat, republican, green, or anything else.

His point was that the Great Society of the 60's that significantly increased AFDC (welfare) payments to unwed mothers encourages poor women to have children to get the government money, and discourages them from marrying because they lose their benefits.

This has been a complete disaster because it has destroyed the family and created a fatherless culture where government dependency is the norm.

This was a Democratic party program and persists to this day at the insistence of Democrats. Yet blacks still vote for the party that keeps them in submission.

That was his point, and I think it's valid.

armakraut
07-24-10, 03:37
If you put every black male in the military out of highschool, forbid them from divorcing, and forced shotgun weddings when life's little "mistakes" happen... I can guarantee you in two generations they'd go from bottom rung to top of the food chain. There wouldn't be a single blade of grass out of place on their lawns.

RogerinTPA
07-24-10, 10:12
trailer (the annoying, quick flashing will stop about 1min 20 in)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55aujTwuJY8

Coming out sometime in 2011. Seems interesting, and personally I think something similar is long overdue. Maybe there has been something before, but I have yet to notice it.

http://www.runawayslavemovie.com

Good find. Sadly, we need more independent thinking black males to adopt this line of thinking. I'm a biracial black american, from detroit, who is conservative in pretty much all aspects, who is a rugged individual, who has never followed the crowd, who has always been my own man and, who navigated the BS on this planet to my own success, and who doesn't subscribe to the typical black victim/repatriation dogma.

RogerinTPA
07-24-10, 10:17
His point was that the Great Society of the 60's that significantly increased AFDC (welfare) payments to unwed mothers encourages poor women to have children to get the government money, and discourages them from marrying because they lose their benefits.

This has been a complete disaster because it has destroyed the family and created a fatherless culture where government dependency is the norm.

This was a Democratic party program and persists to this day at the insistence of Democrats. Yet blacks still vote for the party that keeps them in submission.

That was his point, and I think it's valid.

Agreed. The democrats, in helping the poor and black communities in this manner with social welfare programs, only doomed those very communities they were trying to save, to life long generational stagnation.

Littlelebowski
07-24-10, 10:55
If you put every black male in the military out of highschool, forbid them from divorcing, and forced shotgun weddings when life's little "mistakes" happen... I can guarantee you in two generations they'd go from bottom rung to top of the food chain. There wouldn't be a single blade of grass out of place on their lawns.

Agreed and please apply the same to others :D

GermanSynergy
07-24-10, 11:12
Agreed. The democrats, in helping the poor and black communities in this manner with social welfare programs, only doomed those very communities they were trying to save, to life long generational stagnation.

It's a cynically calculated plan to keep as many poor people on government assistance as possible, therefore guaranteeing the vote of these folks come election time.... I wouldn't call it "helping" then at all really....The people that gleefully line up to vote D have no idea that they are being used and abused by a party that cares nothing for them, and counts on perpetual poverty, economic stagnation and no morality to keep them in line and voting D.....

Littlelebowski
07-24-10, 11:28
It's a cynically calculated plan to keep as many poor people on government assistance as possible, therefore guaranteeing the vote of these folks come election time.... I wouldn't call it "helping" then at all really....The people that gleefully line up to vote D have no idea that they are being used and abused by a party that cares nothing for them, and counts on perpetual poverty, economic stagnation and no morality to keep them in line and voting D.....

I agree for the most part but I think these clowns really do believe that big gov't and the dole are how to fix poor people's problems.

Forcing weddings and therefore responsible fatherhood would fix much.

RogerinTPA
07-24-10, 12:38
I agree for the most part but I think these clowns really do believe that big gov't and the dole are how to fix poor people's problems.

Forcing weddings and therefore responsible fatherhood would fix much.

Agreed. To hear some of my relatives talk who are still in detroit, you'd think POTUS was the second coming, when he has in fact, done nothing to help the black communities thus far. His only mission is to give other minorities (illegals) a pass for more minority voting support for 2012.

warpigM-4
07-24-10, 13:30

well said

SteyrAUG
07-24-10, 19:59

Yeah, I pretty much completely disagree.

First I didn't need mandatory military service and forced marriage to not be a complete **** up and neither did any of my friends (including those of other races).

Furthermore, if you make it to military age and are a complete **** up, it is probably too late for the military to get your ass straightened out. I know plenty of complete **** ups from a variety of races that did 4 years in the military to no benefit. All they really managed to do was **** up the military for four years, thankfully not during a time of war so they didn't manage to get anyone killed.

So the problem isn't really "being black" so much as it is "black culture" and those who subscribe to it. The "black culture" in America is a virtual blue print for being a complete **** up as it embraces ignorance and criminal behavior as "expected and normal" and thus serves as a forgiving crutch for complete **** ups. Indeed "education and success through legal and responsible means" are usually viewed as a betrayal of that culture and are deemed "selling out."

And we have complete **** ups of all races who have subscribed to that "black culture" as proof of it's effectiveness. The only legit avenues of success in the black culture are athletics and the entertainment industry, and even then you are still expected to be something of a complete **** up by the black community.

And so long as blacks live according to the rules of the black community rather than as individuals free to determine their own destiny, they will continue to be slaves to the black community and the self imposed restrictions of it's members.

armakraut
07-25-10, 00:22
Here's where my opinion comes from. My grandfather was a drill instructor and MP during WWII. Shortly before the war broke out the government started conscription in preparation for the conflict. A lot of people from what would have been considered the dregs of society were thrown into the system. Amazingly enough instead of floundering, the poor and the uneducated that were drafted became much more than they ever could have in their home towns.

There are benefits you get with being in a structured environment for a time that you otherwise would not get. Most blacks are a prime example of not otherwise getting. Statistics aren't individuals, but they encompass a lot of individuals. Statistically having a father is better than having nothing. The Israeli kibbutzes were the only environment I know of that ever tried to provide a structural replacement for the traditional family. It only sort of worked in so far as the kids were highly competitive, smart, successful go getters that immediately bailed on the kibbutz, never looked back, and were largely unable to form interpersonal relationships all that well.

A man who does not take care of his children creates a similar sort of harm as a man who goes out and hurts someone without reason. As a person who is extremely libertarian, but very personally conservative I believe that someone has the absolute right to make bad choices but should face natural consequences for them. Just giving a mother money doesn't replace a father. But taking away the special treatment might, making them avoid getting knocked up in the same manner they avoid a bus hitting them while crossing the street.

The general lack of a well regulated militia keeps biting us in the rear end anyway.

SteyrAUG
07-25-10, 01:53
Here's where my opinion comes from. My grandfather was a drill instructor and MP during WWII. Shortly before the war broke out the government started conscription in preparation for the conflict. A lot of people from what would have been considered the dregs of society were thrown into the system. Amazingly enough instead of floundering, the poor and the uneducated that were drafted became much more than they ever could have in their home towns.

There are benefits you get with being in a structured environment for a time that you otherwise would not get. Most blacks are a prime example of not otherwise getting. Statistics aren't individuals, but they encompass a lot of individuals. Statistically having a father is better than having nothing. The Israeli kibbutzes were the only environment I know of that ever tried to provide a structural replacement for the traditional family. It only sort of worked in so far as the kids were highly competitive, smart, successful go getters that immediately bailed on the kibbutz, never looked back, and were largely unable to form interpersonal relationships all that well.

A man who does not take care of his children creates a similar sort of harm as a man who goes out and hurts someone without reason. As a person who is extremely libertarian, but very personally conservative I believe that someone has the absolute right to make bad choices but should face natural consequences for them. Just giving a mother money doesn't replace a father. But taking away the special treatment might, making them avoid getting knocked up in the same manner they avoid a bus hitting them while crossing the street.

The general lack of a well regulated militia keeps biting us in the rear end anyway.

I understand all that.

But draftees during WWII weren't already complete **** ups. I understand your point that they probably would have become complete **** ups were it not for the military.

But that is not the situation as it stands today. American blacks (and those of other races) who subscribe to the standards of the "black community" have usually perfected thug lifestyles by the time they drop out of high school. It is simply too late.

Now your plan could work, but you'd have to induct them into some kind of positive environment much earlier, like Jr. High (and in some cases elementary school age). Because it is at those early ages that they are well on their way to learning how to be a complete **** up, blame others for their faults and accept no responsibility for their actions.

But I don't think drafting kids is the necessary solution.

Society as a whole simply needs to no longer accept or tolerate criminal behavior. Of course we will first have to stop glorifying them. Our country had to do this once before when we were enamored by Prohibition gangsters and Depression era robbers.

When thug lifestyle always results in real jail time and jails aren't nicer than ghettos where you can "kick it with the homies" in style, the problem will largely start to correct itself.

And of course, we need to stop rewarding irresponsibility. Others have touched on this earlier. We need to stop paying people to not work. We need to stop giving extra benefits every time you have another kid. Assistance should be limited to helping those in need get a start. That's it. We invest some benefits in you so you can try and get into a better situation. Sink or swim. We all had to do it. Granted it's harder when you start out with nothing, so I'm not opposed to some help.

But after that you are on your own, just like everyone else. And that would largely correct most of the problems. And if you just can't get it together and make it on your own, you can always join the military.

armakraut
07-25-10, 02:16
You are correct, there was somewhat of a better pool to draw from. Education is screwed up anyway these days. Schools treat it like a zoo bus ride. You should have to pass a class before you move on to the next class. Can't pass it? Keep taking it until you can.

You'll notice a bit of "market" self correction has been in the work for decades anyway. States that catered to criminals, mistfits and state employees are now devoid of a tax base to support their idiocy. Like president Reagan said, if all else fails vote with your feet, and a lot of people did.

Nothing burns my chaps more than some innocent guy getting hosed for defending themselves. People need to realize that when your being robbed or assaulted, you're not only not in the best mental state, but you were the one minding their own business. No jail time for the innocent, no right to sue for the criminal class. If you're a criminal, your duty is when you commit a crime to surrender, spread out face down on the ground, and wait for the cops to arrest you, anything else and it's open season. If that's harsh, get a real job, stop thugin.

Believe it or not it was actually the military that advocated the hardest for school lunch programs. In WWII they were getting people that were so malnourished it was sad.

I spent last evening arguing with bolsheviks that told me that food stamps cause people to be fat because they don't allow the recipients to buy fresh food. Needless to say when I mentioned maybe eating less would cure their obesity/diabetese/etc that didn't go over well. I didn't even mention my other idea to put the poor on humanitarian daily rations and calculate their ration share by height and weigh ins.

Double rations for skinny folks.

Half rations for fat folks.

Good enough for the guys in green, good enough for the po.

K-rations or C-rations would be good too, probably cheaper, and very retro. German POW's supposedly refused to eat them because they were so inedible. Sounds great for people who need a leg up into the private sector.

kaiservontexas
07-25-10, 20:30
Interesting and he earns bonus points for using nothing but NIN on the soundtrack.