PDA

View Full Version : LMT MRP Review

OOH RAH!
07-23-10, 10:49
Does anyone have any reviews on this rifle bad and good. What is the MOA at 100 yards. Also how reliable is it.

d90king
07-23-10, 11:00
Please use the search function.

Short review:

MOA shooter (some guys will say sub, bit I have found that 5.56 shoots right around MOA), reliable, well made, easy to swap barrels from 10.5-18", balances well with the SOPMOD stock ... I run two of them, one in 6.8 and the other in 5.56...

There are a lot of MRP owners, spend some time poking around and I think you will find the answers that you are looking for.

OOH RAH!
07-23-10, 11:07
Well that you for the information.

ALCOAR
07-23-10, 12:44
What mrp chassis and what barrel....quite a bit of diff. that exists within all the MRP options.

variablebinary
07-23-10, 15:50
There are quite a few MRP 5.56 and .308 threads. Try a search. There is plenty of info on this site

Duffy
07-23-10, 18:31
The only minor shortcomings I can think of is its weight, the Mike Rock barrel doesn't have the typical profile and is heavier.

Otherwise, this is pretty much the only rifle I shoot. I continue to build other uppers using DD and KAC handguards, when I go to a training session or class, the MRP equipped rifle is the one I take.

If you like mounting your red dot/EOTech further forward, or intend to have a NOD behind one, the one piece rail is superb for that purpose.

ALCOAR
07-23-10, 19:58
The MRPs heavier contoured barrels is one of the main reasons why all MRP barrels shoot so damn well, that and the rigidity of the one piece milled down block of aluminum that incorporates the over sized region that captures the barrel extensions on these mrp barrels:)

variablebinary
07-23-10, 23:50
The MRPs heavier contoured barrels is one of the main reasons why all MRP barrels shoot so damn well, that and the rigidity of the one piece milled down block of aluminum that incorporates the over sized region that captures the barrel extensions on these mrp barrels:)

The MRP is actually very competitive in terms of weight

The CQB direct gas model, even with a full monolithic rail and SOPMOD, only weighs 6.8 lbs

spamsammich
07-23-10, 23:52
If you are asking a question, it should be mandatory to put a question mark in the title. I clicked on this thinking there would be an actual review.

OOH RAH!
07-23-10, 23:58
How long is the rail on the CQB version? And also the standard rifle one?

ALCOAR
07-24-10, 01:09
The rifle length is close to 14" and the cqb is close to 10"...both are less than a quarter inch away from the numbers listed above.

ALCOAR
07-24-10, 01:11
The MRP is actually very competitive in terms of weight

The CQB direct gas model, even with a full monolithic rail and SOPMOD, only weighs 6.8 lbs

That is not bad at all...something is a bit heavier to the MRP though admittedly like duffy mentioned I just happen to think that the extra felt weight is part of the systems inherit value.