PDA

View Full Version : LA cop loses lawsuit against Glock

Littlelebowski
07-23-10, 16:00
Yet another cop blames Glock for an ND. Sorry end but I don't agree with the lawsuit at all. Just going after the deepest pockets. He did this to himself.

Article (lhttp://www.myfoxla.com/dpp/news/local/paralyzed-lapd-officer-loses-gun-lawsuit-20100716)

Los Angeles - A retired Los Angeles policeman who was paralyzed when his son accidentally fired his handgun has lost a lawsuit against the gunmaker.

A judge on Friday dismissed the product liability suit against Glock Inc.

Enrique Chavez was shot in the back by his 3-year-old son in 2006 and paralyzed from the waist down. The boy was riding in his truck and grabbed his .45-caliber Glock 21 pistol from the back seat.

The lawsuit claimed the Glock's trigger safety design was at fault.

But Superior Court Judge Kevin Brazile said the LAPD had concluded the Glock was safer than other brands. He threw out the case against Glock, the gun's seller and the maker and seller of a holster.

Chavez's attorney, Justin Ehrlich, says the decision will be appealed.

Safetyhit
07-23-10, 16:33
"The boy was riding in his truck and grabbed his .45-caliber Glock 21 pistol from the back seat."

A loaded handgun without a safety in reach of a 3 year old, sitting behind him and out of his view?

Yet he takes issue with Glock? An astounding failure to own up to a critical, self generated mistake. In fact he is lucky the child wasn't seriously harmed via the recoil due to his negligence. Or that the boy didn't shoot himself.

Cagemonkey
07-23-10, 16:33
Good to see some common sense prevail in our courtrooms against frivolous litigation.

arizonaranchman
07-23-10, 16:59
Yeah this guy's an idiot. Nice try.

MarshallDodge
07-23-10, 17:21
Sad story but the judge did the right thing.

Spiffums
07-23-10, 20:19
A loaded handgun without a safety in reach of a 3 year old, sitting behind him and out of his view?

Yet he takes issue with Glock? An astounding failure to own up to a critical, self generated mistake. In fact he is lucky the child wasn't seriously harmed via the recoil due to his negligence. Or that the boy didn't shoot himself.

Anyone remember that sign on the wall in the class room at SWAT School on S.W.A.T.

Something about if you leave a loaded gun in reach of a child and the sever penalties for such actions.

ChicagoTex
07-24-10, 01:20
I remember when this case was first filed and thinking the dude didn't have a chance in hell.

Glad to see I was right.

NCPatrolAR
07-24-10, 02:34
So; whats the purpose behind this thread?

ChicagoTex
07-24-10, 02:35
So; whats the purpose behind this thread?

Notifying us that a pending lawsuit against a major gunmaker has failed.

NCPatrolAR
07-24-10, 02:38
Notifying us that a pending lawsuit against a major gunmaker has failed.

I get the impression thats not the actual intent.