PDA

View Full Version : Troy drop in battle rail or MRF-C?

sabresbrs
07-23-10, 17:43
If you had to chose between a Troy 7" drop in battle rail for $150 or a Troy 7" MRF-C rail for $209, which would you get? What are the advantages or disadvantages of each?

rychencop
07-23-10, 17:58
the drop in because it's non FF and has built in sling points. if i wanted a FF rail i would get the DD or LaRue. the attachment methods of those just can't be beat IMO.

ThirdWatcher
07-23-10, 22:35
I've got both and I gotta agree with rychencop. A Troy MRF-DI takes about five minutes to install and it's GTG. It may not be full floating, but you don't have to mess with the delta ring to install it either.

sabresbrs
07-24-10, 14:11
Thanks, I just ordered the drop in rail.

NCHornet
07-24-10, 15:16
you will be very happy with the Troy DI, it is 100% rock solid on my Colt 6920. I wish my MI drop in was as solid. I also just ordered a KAC RAS because they have great reviews. I should have it mid next week and will be able to comment on them as well.

654Boomer
07-26-10, 19:18
I've got both and I gotta agree with rychencop. A Troy MRF-DI takes about five minutes to install and it's GTG. It may not be full floating, but you don't have to mess with the delta ring to install it either.

Greetings sabresbrs,

You won't be disappointed! I fully agree with ThirdWatcher. The Troy MRF-DI locks up rock solid, no twisting, binding, movement, etc.

I use the Knight's Rail Covers on mine and they are a little tight to get on/off, but fortunately I don't need to change them frequently.

However, I am including a Knight's RAS on my "bucket list", for my next AR!

Quiet-Matt
07-26-10, 20:41
+1,
"The DI is a good rail" :big_boss:

kwelz
07-27-10, 01:04
Yep troy DI are good stuff. I used them on a couple carbines before I went all Free Float.

Jonesal08
07-27-10, 10:38
I've held some rifles with the troy system and got to say, it's a light setup. If you dont like unneccessary rails all over the place, this is a clean look.