PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of using this barrel for a build, input welcome.

Rated21R
07-23-10, 18:26
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-16-Mid-Length-Barrel-Stripped-LIGHT-WEIGHT-p/bcm-brl-mid-16lw%20std.htm

I know some folks go with the 14.5 and a permed FH but I would rather not as I might want to change the rail or other things as tastes change or builds evolve.

So, should I rethink or go full speed ahead?

spamsammich
07-23-10, 19:50
I'm the total opposite from where I started now, I did my time playing around with pinned flash hiders. 16" barrels are way more easy to deal with for my use and habits. I rock that barrel right now and LOVE it. If money were no object, I'd stock up on a couple of them for future fun. Unfortunately the unenjoyment hammer has got me down :( Enjoy your new build.

Rated21R
07-23-10, 20:20
Thanks for the input. Think I might run one with either a TRX 11, VTAC 11 or DD Lite 10. I've been wanting to jump into the middie waters but think I'd like to stay away from perming a FH...who knows though.

fdxpilot
07-23-10, 21:22
My new upper has that barrel, with a Daniels Omega X 9, installed by BCM.

spamsammich
07-23-10, 23:35
I prefer to stick with at least an 11" rail with a middy since I've lost my access to a machine shop. I used to pin my own gas blocks so I didn't mind them sticking out of a 10" rail. Lately I've been building with stag low pro blocks and using rocksett or red loctite with the set screws to keep them in place. 11" rails do a great job protecting the blocks from harm.