PDA

View Full Version : I had the worst free repair service ever over the past month and a half

ICANHITHIMMAN
07-23-10, 22:10
So to start I’m not bitching just sharing my experience over the last month and a half with a warranty repair service from company X.

So I got a new upper about 9 months ago after a 6 month wait and it is great. I put about 300 rounds through it and the latch on my dust cover pops out. Oops no big deal so I call up company X and they said they will fix it just send it to us and they send me a UPS shipping label.

A week later it’s back at my house I open the box and find the charging handle missing oh well. I call them up and they mail me a new one.

3 days later new charging handle shows up in the mail but wait it’s the wrong one. So this time I get to looking at the upper as I just let it sit in the box till the new charging handle got here and I notice the rear of the upper has metal missing, gouges and scrapes all over it like you dog chewed it up. So I call them up and they said sorry we will replace it send it to us. Ok great and they send me another label off she goes.

I called 3 weeks later and they tell me it’s shipped and give me the tracking number great I’m excited now. It never comes I call them up and they say it was delivered 2 days ago left it on my porch. I said oh um ok......... I don’t have it. Then they tell me the address they left it at my old one the one I ordered the upper from 12 months ago. So now I got to track it down took 2 days to catch the people at home. I ripped that box open in my car to find they had replaced the upper and sent me all the parts back but then there it was staring me right in the face the wrong charging handle again I just laughed.

I’m pretty patient guy and aside from gas tracking the thing down the repair did not cost me a thing. Everyone I have spoken to has been super polite and more than helpful and I am going to be there customer for life but I just got to say come on guys REALLY?

Has this happened to anyone else?

Shihan
07-23-10, 22:27
LOL moral of the story is keep your charging handle and not send it back:p Really sorry things are so screwed up.

lethal dose
07-23-10, 22:32
You should request permission from a mod to post company name. Horrible. I would write them a detailed letter expressing your disbelief, the fact that you plan to never do business with them in the future and that you will never recommend them to anyone... see what they do- you may get something like a discount on a future purchase. Good luck.

ICANHITHIMMAN
07-23-10, 22:38
You should request permission from a mod to post company name. Horrible. I would write them a detailed letter expressing your disbelief, the fact that you plan to never do business with them in the future and that you will never recommend them to anyone... see what they do- you may get something like a discount on a future purchase. Good luck.

No thats not my style and the Company is a great one I will never say the name Im sure I just fell through a bunch of cracks. They have treated me with respect every time I called them. Besides I'm nobody at all what do they care if im unhappy and I will buy there products again just not direct from them I will let Grant deal with that lol sorry.

ST911
07-24-10, 14:16
No thats not my style and the Company is a great one I will never say the name Im sure I just fell through a bunch of cracks. They have treated me with respect every time I called them. Besides I'm nobody at all what do they care if im unhappy and I will buy there products again just not direct from them I will let Grant deal with that lol sorry.

The "company is a great one" by M4C standards, or by everyone else's?

ICANHITHIMMAN
07-24-10, 21:07
The "company is a great one" by M4C standards, or by everyone else's?

I will not say it but lets just say its in the top 5 for sure and more than a few men here will trust there life to it and many have. They are one of the best names out there and they make parts for many others. I see many spec ops types with there uppers overseas. Im only not saying cause last time I did on another fourm it started a shit storm that I did not want.

ICANHITHIMMAN
07-26-10, 09:54
So I let them rest for another 5 days now they where going to send me a ups shipping lable on thursday for the charging handle. It monday 11am EST time and I still dont have it I called friday to ask but the guy was at a shoot. I called today to ask and the guy was at a shoot and has always just left the office.

I had intended the rifle to be used this sunday as a loner at a Wounded Warrior shoot I did but I didnt want to mess up the charging handle they sent me. Just give them a reason to say you used it or something and not send me the better one that i paid for.

I know I should have just said fxxx it and used it but I want the one I paid for.

Good thing for me Grant is so professional and he delivered my other weapon so I had that to loan out.