PDA

View Full Version : Sight Tools for Glock

Ga Shooter
07-24-10, 14:12
I am looking to get some sight tools for my Glocks(G17/G19/G26) who makes the good ones that work with a variety of sights? I think I will be going the Ameriglo Hackathorns but will be removing Heinie sights and OE sights. Thanks.

SeaSoldier
07-24-10, 16:45
I really like the MGW tool for rear sights. I have a front sight tool from Alchemy Arms, the make of after market Glock Parts. These are the only tools I have used other than an OEM Glock rear sight pusher. I have had no need to look any further as these tools have served me well.

Ga Shooter
07-26-10, 09:00
Thanks

VolGrad
07-27-10, 07:43
I use the MGW rear sight pusher and a GLOCK factory front sight hex tool. All other front sight tools have sucked for me. The GLOCK factory one looks like the GLOCK disassembly tool but have a magnatip hex head.

kjdoski
07-27-10, 10:40
I use the MGW rear sight pusher and a GLOCK factory front sight hex tool. All other front sight tools have sucked for me. The GLOCK factory one looks like the GLOCK disassembly tool but have a magnatip hex head.
+1 - that's exactly what I use, and have been very happy with it.

At work, we have the Glock brand rear sight pusher, and it's a nightmare to use, compared to the MGWs.

Regards,

Kevin

cathellsk
07-27-10, 16:54
Does anyone know if the MGW sight tool for standard rear sights will be able to put on a set of Ameriglo Pro sights?

ROCKET20_GINSU
07-27-10, 18:17
Another +1 for the MGW rear sight pusher. I've installed my own sights on all of my Glocks myself without trouble. I've used the tool to instal Dawsons, Heinie, Warrens, OEM, don't know about Ameriglo but I don't see a problem.

GU

VolGrad
07-28-10, 06:44
Does anyone know if the MGW sight tool for standard rear sights will be able to put on a set of Ameriglo Pro sights?

Yes, it will work.

I am running all Ameriglos on my GLOCKs right now. My rears are all Pro Operators or the same shape/design sight in plain or serrated black. I have also used the MGW pusher on Meprolight, Trijicon, XS, Heinie, 10-8, and probably a few others. I've tried most everything before deciding the Ameriglos work best for me.

EDIT: Put on a ProGlo and all black, serrated rear Pro on my Gen4 G19 last night.

cathellsk
07-28-10, 09:57
Thanks guys. UPS tracking shows my Hackathorn sights being here tomorrow. I want to make sure I can get them on and try them out before this Saturday for my first GSSF match.