PDA

View Full Version : Opinions/experiences with SF X400?

Jay Cunningham
07-24-10, 18:25
How have these units been holding up? I haven't heard much about them one way or another. I am interested in first-hand or vetted second-hand experience on both pistols and carbines.

Jay Cunningham
07-26-10, 16:14
Nuthin', eh?

:jester:

SHIVAN
07-26-10, 16:21
I stayed away from them because of what appears to be a vacuum of available holsters.

Jay Cunningham
07-26-10, 18:55
I am sort of wondering about them in regards to carbine/CQB use...

SuicideHz
07-26-10, 19:08
I was surprised to see you even post this one Jay. I figured you'd already had one. I guess I was wrong!

SHIVAN
07-26-10, 19:23
Yeah, one of those dual tactile area pressure pads and the X400 might be a sweet setup for a carbine.

Are the tailcaps for the X300 GTG on a carbine? Is there an appropriate pad for dual use of the light and laser separately?

patriot_man
07-28-10, 04:46
I stayed away from them because of what appears to be a vacuum of available holsters.

Raven Concealment makes Phantoms that are compatible with the X400.

Nathan_Bell
07-28-10, 07:58
I am sort of wondering about them in regards to carbine/CQB use...

Ran one, briefly, on my carbine at the 12 o'clock.
Had brain to hand communications problems, I kept turning on the light when wanted laser and laser when wanting light. This was a practice issue that I could have resolved had I put some time in (i think)

You still have the same AR15 offset issues, as it is almost as high above the bore as a low mounted optic.
If I hit the right switch, it was a fun setup for left hand transitions. I would only need to get the 'bine onto my left shoulder, then hit the switch and shoot. For strong side shooting it wasn't that much of an improvement, because I couldn't stop myself from dropping down and using the RDS.
Sold the light as open box, and don't think I will be getting more than one at a time to stock.

Jay Cunningham
07-28-10, 08:11
I am pondering using one strictly in close quarters. My thinking is to use the switching option where you activate the laser and light simultaneously and just leave it that. I would still have an optic and iron sights, so this would be a tertiary redundant system.

I think it could have some merit, but I would really need to try it on a short carbine in a shoothouse.