PDA

View Full Version : Sig P250 vs. Others

Sevcrist
07-24-10, 21:17
I'm a new guy to handguns. Thought I had my mind made up on paper as to which gun to buy, then I went to a couple of stores. First store had everything on locks. Second store let you pull the trigger and were very helpful.

My mind was originally set on an M&P 9mm but after pulling the trigger I have serious second thoughts. The trigger pull was awful. Gritty, mushy, inconsistent, you name it, it did not feel right. Tried the Glock 19 and it was not too bad, but sort of grabby through the pull. Then tried the Sig P250. Long but very consistent. Felt like a fine tuned piece of machinery.

I know that the M&P gets love on this forum but I really liked the Sig. Not just for the trigger, but it handled very well also. Although the Smith was good in that department too.

I know that I can get the Apex upgrade, but to me, if the manufacturer isn't going to produce something that is top notch, straight out of the box then why go with them?

Also, the P250 appears to have been in production since about 2007 where as the M&P has been since about 2005. It is a little disconcerting that the P250 has not been adopted yet by LE other than the FAM contract. And even that does not seem to be set in stone.

What are your thoughts?

gtmtnbiker98
07-24-10, 21:24
Get a Glock or M&P and save yourself some heartache. Trust me. Better yet, get a P30, but I am biased.

Sig isn't what it used to be and the P250 is a novel concept that was poorly executed. Don't be one of those who buy based upon what Federal Agency uses it, believe me, some FAMs are not impressed.

Avenger29
07-24-10, 21:33
What are your thoughts?

Run?

The M&P trigger, at least on the 9mm versions because that's what I shoot...isn't bad at all. I didn't feel any of what you were talking about. A tuned trigger or the APEX kit makes it very nice for a reasonable price.

The lack of adopting agencies is a clue. The M&P has made a big impact on LE purchasing for a reason, and Glocks are a staple for the same reasons- reliability and durability. The triggers on both can be improved to a pretty good feel for a very reasonable cost, of course.

Littlelebowski
07-24-10, 21:34
I shot a forum member's issue P250 in .357SIG. He handed it to me with two mags of ammo. I hated shooting that thing so much, I only shot one mag. FYI, said forum member is a FAM and he relates that they all hate the P250. He would like his personal M&P for duty or a return to the P229.

The M&P's stock trigger actually has what we shooters call a "reset" unlike the P250 and a few minutes polishing with mild chrome polish and a felt Dremel wheel will give you a much better trigger. You can also do the smart thing and spend some of those hundreds of dollars you saved by buying an M&P over the P250 and get the Apex M&P trigger upgrade kit as sold by forum sponsor Gandrtactical.

Entropy
07-24-10, 21:40
I'd stay away from the P250. It has not earned a very good reputation in the shooting world. The M&P has however.

The top choices I'd recommend to anyone now days is Glock, M&P, or P30. I've used and worked on classic Sigs for years, and although most of the newers models are okay, occasionally you get one with a part out of spec. If you have the luxury to put a couple of thousand rounds through a new classic Sig, then have an armorer do a detailed strip and ensure things are okay.....then you should be good to go.

spamsammich
07-24-10, 21:41
...It is a little disconcerting that the P250 has not been adopted yet by LE other than the FAM contract. And even that does not seem to be set in stone.

What are your thoughts?

Where I'm from, we call this a clue. Just sayin'.

I just ran 250 rounds through an M&P 9 this afternoon that I installed the Apex DCAEK into bringing my grand total of rounds through this gun to 3000. 2999 of those rounds have been entirely trouble free, I had one fte on the first round of the 2nd mag through the gun. I've run it for 2000 rounds without cleaning prior to the DCAEK and it ran without a hickup.

NOBODY that has shot or handled my gun (range officers, police officers, or instructors) has issues with the trigger other than "it sure doesn't reset like a Glock".

Both the Glock and M&P triggers improve VASTLY by themselves in stock form with some dry fire and a bit of breaking in. Fingerbanging a gun in a store is a poor way of choosing a firearm, rent one and give it a whirl. But don't rent a p30, you won't be able to resist siren song of H&K.

Sevcrist
07-24-10, 21:48
Thanks for the quick replies. Don't want to start a flame war, but the stock M&P trigger is awful. If the manufacturer can't produce something that is acceptable out of the box then I'm left with the feeling that they don't care or they don't know how to get it right. Doing my own polishing etc., sounds a little strange to me. If it were done right, there would be no Apex kit.

Again, I'm heavily leaning towards the P250. Haven't tried the H&K yet though.

Littlelebowski
07-24-10, 21:54
Thanks for the quick replies. Don't want to start a flame war, but the stock M&P trigger is awful. If the manufacturer can't produce something that is acceptable out of the box then I'm left with the feeling that they don't care or they don't know how to get it right. Doing my own polishing etc., sounds a little strange to me. If it were done right, there would be no Apex kit.

Again, I'm heavily leaning towards the P250. Haven't tried the H&K yet though.

Using that line of logic one would ignore all pistols made since most people like to change out the sights to suit themselves. In other words, your line of reasoning there isn't logical and that's not meant to be offensive. Triggers are an individual taste thing. For instance, many don't like stock Glock triggers, feeling that they're too heavy out of the box. I like mine heavier than stock.

I've got a significant amount of trigger time on M&Ps. I'd far rather have an M&P trigger that smooths out over time or is easily upgraded to something FAR better than Sig has for a mere $60 or so.

You'd be foolish to discount the M&P because of a stock, brand new trigger. Talk to Grant about buying one with the Apex kit already installed.

God, I hate the P250. So do the FAMs.

Business_Casual
07-24-10, 21:55
I'm heavily leaning towards the P250. Haven't tried the H&K yet though.

Translation: I know little to nothing about pistols, and I am ignoring the people who tried to help me.

B_C

Urabus23
07-24-10, 22:00
I rented a 250 and thought it was an ok gun.

The trigger on the M&P will get better after a few hundred rounds. I think the stock trigger is fine and prefer the M&P over my Glock.

Honestly, I've never thought about how a trigger felt gritty when I was rapid firing a couple of mags; I was too busy focusing on the sights and the target. Maybe I'm not a good shooter, but that's just me.

It's your call, but try and shoot them first if you can. Everybody is different and no one gun is going to please everyone.

John_Wayne777
07-24-10, 22:06
The M&P trigger cleans up nicely with some use. Their design is different than some other polymer guns which results in a trigger pull that improves with some time and dryfire. Speaking as a guy who owns 5 of the things and who has another one on the way from Grant this week, the trigger isn't really a problem or impediment to using the gun well.

Now about the P250:

The P250 hasn't sold very well. It hasn't sold very well because it's not a very reliable weapon. It has participated in some high level testing for big contracts and has flamed out in spectacular fashion. The phrase "they ran out of incident forms" has actually been used in reference to the weapon's utter failure in testing.

The FAMS did indeed select it...and to the best of my knowledge that selection was done without any sort of trials or testing. It was a top down executive decision made by someone in management. (If I'm wrong on that I'm sure someone who knows will correct me.) Implementation of the pistol has been problematic for the FAMS. The guns are out there but the last time I talked to an Air Marshall they were not yet issued the guns in his area because they couldn't get the guns to run reliably enough to issue to the troops yet...not that they minded, because from what I understand most prefer their old guns.

So as far as "leaning" toward the P250 goes, I would encourage leaning away from it as quickly as humanly possible and sticking to a safer bet like a 9mm Glock, an M&P, or a P30. The P250 doesn't appear on anyone's list of the best handguns on the market. The reception of the LE market in the US and in Europe has been so tepid that to my knowledge only two agencies in the world actually issue the guns...and I know that the FAMS (one of the two) has had some serious problems so far.

It's a novel concept for a pistol design, but at this point it does not appear to be ready for prime time. Add in Sig's QC problems of late and it's just a really bad idea to rely on as your only handgun.

Sevcrist
07-24-10, 22:06
Actually, I'm not ignoring what other people are saying. I'm just taking information and processing it.

We all have our requirements that are important to us and I'm going through my own checklist.

But, very good opinions. Too bad I can't pick up an Apex fixed M&P at my local store to test.

gtmtnbiker98
07-24-10, 22:12
Translation: I know little to nothing about pistols, and I am ignoring the people who tried to help me.

B_CNo shit, that was what I was thinking. Do us a favor, buy the P250 and then take a class and we'll see if you are still leaning towards keeping that P250.

John_Wayne777
07-24-10, 22:13
Check out the thread about the Apex parts here in the handgun forums. You'll see plenty of informed opinions in that thread and good descriptions of how the trigger feels after a competent trigger job.

The M&P's design means that the trigger in it can be tuned by a competent pro to be about as good as you can possibly get a trigger on a handgun that isn't a 1911. My main carry gun has a trigger by Dan Burwell that is extremely good...it breaks clean and has an exceptionally short reset.

...but I can shoot a stock M&P just as well as my customized M&P. The trigger jobs are nice...but not necessary.

Littlelebowski
07-24-10, 22:13
Sevcrist, read this again.

The M&P trigger cleans up nicely with some use. Their design is different than some other polymer guns which results in a trigger pull that improves with some time and dryfire. Speaking as a guy who owns 5 of the things and who has another one on the way from Grant this week, the trigger isn't really a problem or impediment to using the gun well.

Now about the P250:

The P250 hasn't sold very well. It hasn't sold very well because it's not a very reliable weapon. It has participated in some high level testing for big contracts and has flamed out in spectacular fashion. The phrase "they ran out of incident forms" has actually been used in reference to the weapon's utter failure in testing.

The FAMS did indeed select it...and to the best of my knowledge that selection was done without any sort of trials or testing. It was a top down executive decision made by someone in management. (If I'm wrong on that I'm sure someone who knows will correct me.) Implementation of the pistol has been problematic for the FAMS. The guns are out there but the last time I talked to an Air Marshall they were not yet issued the guns in his area because they couldn't get the guns to run reliably enough to issue to the troops yet...not that they minded, because from what I understand most prefer their old guns.

So as far as "leaning" toward the P250 goes, I would encourage leaning away from it as quickly as humanly possible and sticking to a safer bet like a 9mm Glock, an M&P, or a P30. The P250 doesn't appear on anyone's list of the best handguns on the market. The reception of the LE market in the US and in Europe has been so tepid that to my knowledge only two agencies in the world actually issue the guns...and I know that the FAMS (one of the two) has had some serious problems so far.

It's a novel concept for a pistol design, but at this point it does not appear to be ready for prime time. Add in Sig's QC problems of late and it's just a really bad idea to rely on as your only handgun.

kmrtnsn
07-24-10, 22:21
When you shoot the M&P are you riding the reset on the trigger or are you coming all the way off and starting new?.

Sounds like you've made up you mind on the P250 but before you jump, try finding more than two holsters for it. Chances are your preferred holster maker doesn't even support it.

Have you looked at the Gen IV G19?

Sevcrist
07-24-10, 22:23
I guess I'll sleep on it and try them again next weekend to see if my initial impressions were wrong. But man did I love pulling that trigger on the P250 in the store. Kinda felt like a kid again. Pull, pow, pull, pow.

Entropy
07-24-10, 22:24
Actually, I'm not ignoring what other people are saying. I'm just taking information and processing it.

We all have our requirements that are important to us and I'm going through my own checklist.

But, very good opinions. Too bad I can't pick up an Apex fixed M&P at my local store to test.

I would listen to the above comments. Most of these guys have many thousands of rounds in many different handgun platforms, including formal training.....or trainers themselves. Basing your decision on dry firing pistols in a show case is doing yourself an incredible disservice.

I too am partial to good triggers. This is why I choose to use a P229 on duty, but I would never use a P250. The P229 is one of the better service pistols on the market when it comes to reliabilty, durability, and performance. When I was in Georgia at FLETC, some of the FAMs were training with P250s. The trainers I talked to said that they HATED the pistols. Their trusty P229s were far superior pistols and most of the officers opted to use old P229s, or use personally bought P229s. I managed to get some range time with the P250 during an instructors course. The pistol worked fine, but handling of it was cumbersome. The long DAO trigger slowed down my shooting, and during high stess shooting I was short stroking. With additional trigger time I could make up for that.....but then you start to develope the revolver trigger pull which causes you to kick you finger out quick a bit resulting in more time resetting after each shot. The P250's trigger is so focused on safety that it sacrifices gunfighter performance.

The M&P is an excellent weapon. However, when it comes to striker fired pistols I prefer the Glock.

Littlelebowski
07-24-10, 22:25
Gen4 G19, M&P .40 or 9mm, and HKP30.

I wouldn't even consider the P250. When I handed the issue P250 I shot back to its owner, he saw my face and said "yeah, I know."

Sevcrist
07-24-10, 22:38
Again, I'm new. But from initial impressions the P250 worked for me. Maybe because it's the same consistent pull time after time.

For the sake of argument, it may be a good gun for me for a first gun, because I am new. If I grew up around handguns maybe I would not give it a second look. But I haven't been around handguns.

So you have a bunch of people with experience telling the rookie what to get. Maybe if I was brought up with 1911's as a boy, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Blinking Dog
07-24-10, 22:45
But man did I love pulling that trigger on the P250 in the store. Kinda felt like a kid again. Pull, pow, pull, pow.

I'm guessing this is some kind of stupid joke thread to screw with everyone.

obucina
07-24-10, 22:46
Again, I'm new. But from initial impressions the P250 worked for me. Maybe because it's the same consistent pull time after time.

For the sake of argument, it may be a good gun for me for a first gun, because I am new. If I grew up around handguns maybe I would not give it a second look. But I haven't been around handguns.

So you have a bunch of people with experience telling the rookie what to get. Maybe if I was brought up with 1911's as a boy, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Do yourself and a favor and listen to them. So far, the advice and recommendations I have read from them..have improved my marksmanship, decision making processes, and fundamental firearms competence. Just remember, they aren't making a dime off of your decision, the guy behind the glass case is.

John_Wayne777
07-24-10, 22:55
Again, I'm new. But from initial impressions the P250 worked for me.

Here's the thing: initial impressions about what "works" for a handgun are probably considerably less accurate than initial impressions about what "works" in a potential mate on the first date. Fingerbanging one in the gunstore gives you only a very tiny bit of information. Trust me on this...what you think in the gunstore is not a guarantee of what you'll think three years and 20,000 rounds down the road.

...which is all the more reason to ignore what you feel based on a brief fondling of the weapon at the gunstore. Instead I would encourage you to listen to the guys here who are not new to handguns...guys who have spent a lot of time, a lot of money, and a lot of rounds training with handguns for serious social purposes.

Nobody here gets a check every time they call the P250 a bad word...nobody gets any free stuff if they tell you that a 9mm Glock or an M&P or a P30 is a better option for you. They're telling you that because it's the truth.

The best handgun for you is one that you can rely on to work and to offer reliable service over a reasonable service life. Currently all signs point to the P250 as not being up to that task. The 9mm Glock, the M&P, and the P30 are. Being inexperienced with handguns doesn't mean that you're better suited for a gun that sucks. It simply means that it's harder for you to tell the difference between a gun that sucks and one that will actually fit your needs. A lot of us have learned lessons the hard way. It would be wise to avoid doing that yourself because it's slow, expensive, and annoying.

Sevcrist
07-24-10, 22:59
Actually, I really appreciate the advice on this forum. Lot's of people with tremendous experience. But if someone want's to tell me how good the stock trigger is on an M&P, I'm going to politely roll my eyes in my mind without overtly showing that I'm rolling my eyes.

So, the option is to buy the Apex. I'll think about it. But my first inclination is to say no, regardless of other opinions.

spamsammich
07-24-10, 23:08
If you were anywhere near me, I'd let you put rounds through my G19 and M&P gratis just to try and save you from the expensive mistake of buying a P250. If you MUST have a sig, get a 226 or 229.

As you become proficient with handguns your taste in trigger will probably change when you start considering what you would like to carry on a daily basis or shoot in a class. I was just in a General Defensive Handgun class at Insights Training Center and a guy running a Sig that had a magazine disconnect was having fits with weapons manipulations, he hated the DA first shot pull, and he hated having to run the decocker every time he holstered. Try and guess what gun he showed up with on TD2?

Granted, it was his fault for bringing that gun, but had he taken the time to do a little research he would have saved himself a lot of pain and potentially some money. We're giving you that chance right now to not make that kind of mistake. It's great that you're asking the right people on a forum geared toward training, populated by many excellent shooters and professionals in the firearms industry. They can only lead a horse to water. Believe it or not, the last thing most of us ever want to say to a new forum member is "I told you so..."

Littlelebowski
07-24-10, 23:15
What's your location, Sevcrist? I'm sure one of us might be able to let you test fire a better weapon than the 250.

John_Wayne777
07-24-10, 23:19
But if someone want's to tell me how good the stock trigger is on an M&P, I'm going to politely roll my eyes in my mind without overtly showing that I'm rolling my eyes.

Dude...there are a bunch of guys here who have trained with some of the best handgun instructors on planet earth telling you that the trigger on the M&P isn't an impediment. Given that their skill with handguns is likely far superior to yours, it would be extreme hubris to roll your eyes when they're trying to steer you in the right direction.

The M&P trigger doesn't suck that bad, and it isn't an impediment to using the weapon well. I've logged over 20,000 rounds through M&P's with every trigger configuration under the sun...I'm telling you flat out: A stock M&P trigger is just fine for anything you can reasonably expect a handgun to do. I say that based on my personal experience. I say that based on knowledge of the experience of lots of other people, including large police departments that issue the M&P. If you find the stock trigger to be unbearable, it's easy to modify to your liking.

It's extremely easy for the inexperienced to get wrapped around the axle on stuff that really doesn't matter in the final analysis. The M&P's somewhat gritty initial trigger smooths out in as little as 200 rounds. Don't believe me? Do a search and look at the related experience of dozens of other dudes on this forum who have reported that exact phenomenon happening with their guns, including officers who work for departments that issue hundreds or thousands of the damn things.

Meanwhile you are hearing the straight dope from people who know for a fact that those guys who are ISSUED the P250's largely revile the thing and would greatly prefer to be using something else. You have very little training or experience with handguns by your own admission. There are guys who have lots of training and lots of experience who are actually issued the gun you think is awesome based on a brief fondling session who say flat out that it sucks for lots of reasons...primarily because the damn things don't work right...as in they cannot be relied upon to go bang when you pull the trigger.

That's kind of a big deal. It should be a clue that perhaps your perceptions and ideas aren't really serving you well. If you're willing to dismiss a better platform because the trigger feels icky in favor of a gun that objectively sucks because in the gunstore the trigger feels a little better, you're not doing yourself any favors.

But my first inclination is to say no, regardless of other opinions.

If you've got it all figured out, why ask for advice? If hearing others with more experience and knowledge on the subject causes you to "politely" roll your eyes, why bother? If you've got it figured out do what you want and deal with what happens. If you're actually looking to make a good decision based on better information than you currently possess, then flush the eye rolling and pay attention.

Doesn't it strike you as a little bit absurd to say in one breath that you don't know much about handguns, but with another breath that other opinions don't really matter to you?

Some people can only learn lessons the hard way...are you telling us you're one of them?

Sevcrist
07-24-10, 23:19
Ok, but can we at least acknowledge that the M&P trigger is crap, piss poor, not up to standard, deficient and other unsavory adjectives.

The gun gives me no confidence when I pull the trigger, regardless of the other engineering capabilities that have gone into it.

CCK
07-24-10, 23:23
Ok, but can we at least acknowledge that the M&P trigger is crap, piss poor, not up to standard, deficient and other unsavory adjectives.

The gun gives me no confidence when I pull the trigger, regardless of the other engineering capabilities that have gone into it.

Others have tried to be nice about this, but you don't understand. You lack the expertise to make this judgement.

In this instance (and by your continuance in following through with this thread topic I think it likely applies in the rest of your life) You simple don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.

Chris

spamsammich
07-24-10, 23:25

Mine was great after about 500 rounds. I only did the burwell trigger job on mine because I like to **** with things and fancy myself an amateur gunsmith (all this really means is I'm pretty dumb for ****ing with a serviceable pistol). I tried the Apex sear on a whim and it was MUCH better than my trigger job and yes, much better than stock. In DCAEK kit, the gun is one I can see myself carrying all the time and running through class with no issues. So the trigger may not be for you now, but you really never know how it will work for you until you shoot the gun.

gtmtnbiker98
07-24-10, 23:26

You can state this after dry firing? Oh, okay. What is your intended purpose for this pistol? I guess I missed it.

John_Wayne777
07-24-10, 23:30

No, we cannot because not a single word of what you just said is even remotely true. People make the same complaints about Glock triggers...and yet people with training and experience regularly use Glock handguns to kill bad guys with little problem. Competition shooters like Dave Sevigny use stock Glock handguns to shock and awe everybody who watches the speed and accuracy they get out of them.

Your sole experience with an M&P is dryfire in a gunstore...you're not really in a position to lecture on the merits or deficiencies of its trigger, dude.

...and yet the gun that doesn't flipping work in even limited mass issue fills you to the brim with confidence because of the trigger pull?

Again...perhaps that's a clue that you are deriving your "confidence" from the wrong things.

In your position trigger pull characteristics should be way at the bottom of the list of stuff you should be worried about when buying your first handgun.

Here's what you need:

1. A gun that works
2. A gun that you can afford to train with
3. Good training
4. Practice of what you learned in number 3

When you get through those 4 steps you'll figure out that most of what you think right now was way off point. We've all been at square one...but there's no law requiring you to stay there.

Sevcrist
07-24-10, 23:42
John Wayne,

Perhaps you are right about my ability to lecture since I'm not a handgun guy. But I am a hunter, longrifleman and general connoisseur of weapons. And from my dry firing of the M&P it would not make my list of first handguns to own.

CCK
07-24-10, 23:46
This thread needs to closed. Nothing more can be gleaned from it.

The OP has made up his mind in the face of a combined lifetimes worth of knowledge and still doesn't know what he doesn't know.

No point in further posts.

opmike
07-24-10, 23:48

What other guns you've shot give you confidence when pulling the trigger?

And forgive me if this has already been answered, but have you actually rented/borrowed/etc. any of the guns you've mentioned or have been suggested by others?

Often times, how a gun feels in the shop is very different than how it performs in your hands after an evening of some live fire.

I've bought, sold, and traded enough handguns to not make such avoidable mistake again.

Littlelebowski
07-24-10, 23:54
John Wayne,

Perhaps you are right about my ability to lecture since I'm not a handgun guy. But I am a hunter, longrifleman and general connoisseur of weapons. And from my dry firing of the M&P it would not make my list of first handguns to own.

HK P30. Glock 19. You're the guy on the horror movie wondering off on his own and we're the audience screaming at you "Don't do it!"

kmrtnsn
07-24-10, 23:57
He's made up his mind. Let him buy the P250. Let's close this thread and let him learn the hard way when he has to send that POS back to SIG repeatedly.

MadcapMagician
07-24-10, 23:58
John Wayne,

That narrows it down.. Glock 19. :D

Dry-firing one trigger of one gun in a store is not a representative sample of the population. Comparing the trigger pull to the mechanical design, durability, ease of operation and accuracy is not even a proper qualitative argument. As you are a longrifleman with experience, would you say a single Remington 700 with a bad trigger in a gunshop makes it not accurate or dependable across the entire spectrum of the design?

You're getting wrapped around the wrong axle on handgun selection. Grading a pistol by its trigger can be one facet to handgun selection, but it must be considered as part of a whole, not the whole.

John_Wayne777
07-25-10, 00:02
Perhaps you are right about my ability to lecture since I'm not a handgun guy. But I am a hunter, longrifleman and general connoisseur of weapons.

If you look around the site you'll notice that I don't post very much in certain segments of it. There are some segments of the site where I've never posted in a single thread. There's a reason for this. I'm rarely heard from in say the precision rifles forum because I know precisely zilch about precision rifles. If I do show up in that forum it will be seeking guidance from those who know more than I do about the topic, because I have no idea what bits of engineering separate the Remington 700 on the gunstore shelf from a carefully engineered 1/2 MOA custom rifle that costs more than my car. All I know is that both guns are probably more accurate than I am.

Within the realm of firearms there are specialized areas of knowledge and handguns are no exception. I am by no means the world's foremost expert on handguns, but I do try to keep up with what's going on with them. My knowledge of handguns doesn't really give me much insight into precision rifles, or into what makes a good AK clone, etc.

And from my dry firing of the M&P it would not make my list of first handguns to own.

...which kind of makes my point. The M&P is, by any objective measure, one of the better handgun options on the market right now. Dismissing it out of hand because of a couple of dryfires is an unwise strategy. If you're looking for a handgun right now, it should be on your list to consider. The P250 shouldn't be.

NotDylan
07-25-10, 00:03
I've owned a P250, P30, M&P 9, and a Gen 4 Glock. I'd buy them all over again with the exception of the Sig. It simply was not reliable for me and I did not like the trigger.

Sevcrist
07-25-10, 00:12
I've got to get some sleep. John Wayne and Little Lebowski and others. Thanks for the information but I do believe you guys are biased towards M&P.

The M&P trigger sucks. If you can't admit this then I don't have much use talking to you guys. Cause you're not being honest.

ucrt
07-25-10, 00:12
Sevcrist,
If my momma saw I had 3 respected guys with 9000+ posts caring enough to take their time to make multiple logical posts to prevent me from making an evident mistake of buying some "Vega" of a handgun and she saw me responding the way you are responding, she would 'fwap' across the back of the head and say, "Shut up Twit! Listen to what these guys are telling you!" :nono:

But not me...I think you should go buy the P250 and then spend another $400+ in ammo (you got to shoot about 1000+ to know if it really works) to find out these guys are all wrong and then come back and rub their noses in "it" later.

Go ahead, show them "forum guys" they don't know so much...

Stay in touch...

Littlelebowski
07-25-10, 00:14
I've got to get some sleep. John Wayne and Little Lebowski and others. Thanks for the information but I do believe you guys are biased towards M&P.

The M&P trigger sucks. If you can't admit this then I don't have much use talking to you guys. Cause you're not being honest.

I carry Glocks. I hate the P250 trigger so much more than an M&Ps. Please don't question my integrity.

Sevcrist
07-25-10, 00:22
Little Lebo:

You didn't answer my question although I'm sure I won't get a straight answer this time around, although I'm curious as to the answer.

Does the M&P trigger suck or no?

Let me finish it for you: Yes it does.

John_Wayne777
07-25-10, 00:27
Cause you're not being honest.

OK, dude...you've exhausted my patience.

If the best you can do is insult people who are genuinely trying to offer you guidance and the benefit of more experience, then you don't belong on this forum.

Your thread is done. Continue this behavior and your account will suffer a similar fate.

EDIT --

For those looking for further information on the P250, there are some interesting tidbits here:

http://www.gao.gov/decisions/bidpro/4023393.htm