PDA

View Full Version : Re: Used Colt 6520's appearing at several distributors?

flyer
07-25-10, 07:51
I have noticed used Colt 6520s advertized at several distributors (SOG and CDNN to name two). Does anyone know where they are coming from? My guess is Police / Government trade-ins. Has anyone purchased one? The prices are still high for a used 6520, but getting better and CDNN has some advertized as Colt Canada with CHF barrels? They also state that they are marked Colt Defense. If anyone has purchased one, please reply with condition. Thanks.

FYI,

Dealer prices are SOG 6520 at $895.00 for VG

CDNN 6520 at 899.99 for VG to Exc and 949.99 for Exc to Like New
CDNN Canadian CHF barreled 6520 at 999.99 VG to Exc and 1099.99 for Exc to Like New

MarkG
07-25-10, 11:19
Definitely police trades. For $200 more you could have a brand new one. I'm willing to bet they came from one of the LE distributors who don't sell their own trade-ins. The price is high because they both want to make a few bucks. The Colt Canada crap is just a weak attempt to justify an extra $100.

eternal24k
07-25-10, 11:20
how are the Canadian ones marked?

organdonor
07-25-10, 11:48
how are the Canadian ones marked?Coult.

jaygee
07-25-10, 16:08
I have two of these little cuties, that both came from Highland Arms in Ligonier. They were both in near
excellent shape, with low miles, and the only real wear being the light attachment point on the barrel.
The two weapons came with the ultra shaved BCs that Colt used at the time, and had to be replaced
with F/A carriers. I also looked at some Canadian versions of the same. They had Canadian lowers
which had "Made In Canada" at the bottom of the address logo. The machine work on these was very
slightly different than that on the Hartford/ Colt Defense units. Not quite as crisp, IMHO. The uppers did
appear to be exactly as those built down here. I saw none with actual Canadian barrels, but that doesn't
mean there aren't any. I've elected to stick with the US built Colts for my personal use. The Canadians
did not have any outstanding differences that I was able to detect...in this variation, anyway.

ST911
07-25-10, 17:17
That's a little high for used 6520s, but folks are paying more for less, too.

Cop guns will usually be handled much, and shot little. Agencies switching out of them are probably either on inventory rotation cycles, or trading into guns with more features. Hopefully, they are trading Colt:Colt, or other HQ brand.

scottryan
07-25-10, 20:56
I don't think these Canadian guns have CHF barrels.

Rider79
07-25-10, 21:05
Anyone have a photo of the rollmark? Just curious.

jmr
07-31-10, 10:18
It seems like the 6520 is on the bottom rung of trade value. When I traded mine the shop gave me $900 for it, although that is what CDNN is selling them for.

MarkG
07-31-10, 11:24
It seems like the 6520 is on the bottom rung of trade value. When I traded mine the shop gave me $900 for it, although that is what CDNN is selling them for.

If someone gave you $900 for a used 6520 you got a smoking deal. That has to be at or just below wholesale on a new one.

ALCOAR
07-31-10, 18:30
I too am not convinced these Canadian Colts have CHF barrels.

I also agree with the gent above, $900 on a used 6520 at a gun shop is awesome.

Rude Robert
08-01-10, 07:01
I am wanting to buy a colt ar but with all the models I am confused. I don't want the sissy short barrels but like what I was Issued in the 80's? with a 20" barrel. I went on their web site but that just added more confusing lol. So what model # would I be looking at. It's not for competing just hunting and shooting thx robert

flyer
08-01-10, 07:13
I am wanting to buy a colt ar but with all the models I am confused. I don't want the sissy short barrels but like what I was Issued in the 80's? with a 20" barrel. I went on their web site but that just added more confusing lol. So what model # would I be looking at. It's not for competing just hunting and shooting thx robert

If you want a 20" barrel, then get one of the BCM 20" uppers and a BCM lower. Grant can probably sell you a BCM lower with an A2 stock. This will be the most cost effective option, if you have to have a Colt, you may be stuck looking for a used A2 or A1 style sporter or getting a rifle with a Colt lower and finding an A2 or A1 upper. Unfortunately, the days of the easy to find all Colt M16A1 uppers have past. Most of the kits now come without the Colt barrel.

Rude Robert
08-01-10, 07:56
OH, okay so what would the bcm cost about

flyer
08-01-10, 12:01
OH, okay so what would the bcm cost about

Check the Bravo Company USA website sales page and G&R Tactical's pages. I believe they have the 20" upper on sale at BCUSA.