PDA

View Full Version : Browning HP and M&P 9 comparison.

Aud_VDW
06-18-07, 02:58
I was curious if anyone here has a Browning Hi-Power and an M&P 9 as I have a question for them.

How do you find the felt recoil/muzzle flip and accuracy between the two?

I’m not a recoil pansy, honest! :p I’m curious as to how they compare. :D

Regards.

JBRIII
06-18-07, 08:04
I have a BHP, and shoot my friends M&P a lot. The M&P is a compact model. So it may not be apples to apples. Of any striker type fired pistol - Glock, XD, M&P - I really like the M&P Trigger as it has a good release and reset. If I were going polymer I would go with the M&P. But I am a single action fan and
1911's and BHP's are all I have. You can't beat the single action trigger.

The recoil to me in the BHP is non existant. I can stay on target for double and tripple taps with no issues. The only thing I have done to my MKIII is put on a set of Heinie Straight 8's as they are my favorite sight. The trigger is acutally pretty decent and I may leave it alone for now.

John

militarymoron
06-18-07, 09:24
i've got both as well - full size 9mm M&P though. it's the opposite for me - i find muzzle flip a bit more pronounced on the BHP. the BHP has a relatively long trigger reset for a single action trigger - longer than my M&P (both have been worked on).

Aud_VDW
06-18-07, 17:04
Thanks, I've got a really neat set of sights cooking up for the Hi-power, I'll post pics when I get them finished.

Thanks for input.

ShipWreck
06-20-07, 17:18
I have rented an M&P, and didn't really like it - the trigger breaking part was tough to anticipate. And, the damn gun kept spitting casings into your face - even with brass or CCI Blazer aluminum cases...

Glad it was just a rental - but it was a brand new rental.