PDA

View Full Version : DPMS in Iraq.

kbrdann
07-26-10, 05:13
Heres a good one. I work for a security company in Iraq and we are being issued DPMS M4's. Plus we have to come up with our own Mags...

clickclack
07-26-10, 05:30
Heres a good one. I work for a security company in Iraq and we are being issued DPMS M4's. Plus we have to come up with our own Mags...

what company? SOC?

mmike87
07-26-10, 05:32

Behold the power of positive thinking ... at least you can make sure you have good mags.

clickclack
07-26-10, 05:37
nevermind just saw your username.. KBR ehhhhhhhhhhh no comment

justin_247
07-26-10, 05:41
I guess it's time to get some parts and tools to do a few reliability upgrades? Or can you not get any?

If you can, you could make yourself a few extra bucks as an amateur armorer.

Iraqgunz
07-26-10, 05:47
Wow, KBR allowing their personnel to have weapons. That's a new one. They used to have a weaponsphobia.

I would see about getting with the local military personnel and have them swap out your barrel at a minimum. If possible the bolt as well.

Or get some money together and get Ned Christiansens chamber reamer. That's what I did for some of the DPMS carbines that were being used by another company in Baghdad.

kbrdann
07-26-10, 05:47
Did that on my last contract, guess I will be doing it again. I will have to get the wifey to send my special box...

Iraqgunz
07-26-10, 05:48
When I was with SOC we had Army Corps of Engineer weapons. They weren't that great either.

what company? SOC?

rychencop
07-26-10, 06:21
we had Bushmasters when i was over there. POS

Iraq Ninja
07-26-10, 12:27
KBR,

Send me a PM and I can help you out. Not sure if you ever get to Tallil, but I am up in VBC once a month.

Is this a full auto version of semi? I have noticed some Ugs armed with semi 16 inch carbines.

If you are just driving around inside a FOB, I wouldn't get too bent outa shape with a DPMS, but if you are going outside the wire, I will definitely help to square you away.