PDA

View Full Version : CRPC Tactical Carbine / Practical Rifle

bkb0000
07-26-10, 12:11
Gentlemen,

I'm pleased to announce we're finally kicking off Practical Rifle / Tactical Carbine (name yet to be chosen) at CRPC. After almost a year of talking about it, we're currently looking to schedule a date at the end of August.

I'm going to look around and see when other clubs have their matches scheduled, so's not to conflict with events, but obviously there's only so many days in a month to chose from.

So right now, I need help picking a day. PNW is currently the largest source of advertising for the match, and I'm guessing the majority of our initial batch of competitors will probably be PNW and CRPC members, with outsiders to follow as the thing catches wind.

What are some dates you'd be able to attend? The first meet wont necessarily be the date we do it on every month, but it might be, so keep that in mind.

I could also use a volunteer or two to help. With what, exactly, I'm not yet sure. Possibly RSO duty, but at least with setting stages. We'll be running probably three fairly big stages per event, two runs per stage per shooter... so we'll need to be able to move along quickly and smoothly. It's likely that we'll need to ordain a couple guys as official/certified RSOs as well, which the club can do for a discounted rate, IF you want to be a regular RSO at the event. I'll be getting cert'd, as well as cert'd in Rifle Instruction, as per club requirements for a Program Director. I could also use help in CoF development, as I've never been in charge of an official event like this before, and have little experience beyond CoF development for training.

So I need:

Dates for August
Volunteers
Shooters

Who wit me?

lfromsalem
07-26-10, 12:42
I have two good hands, and would like to help.

titsonritz
07-30-10, 23:39
I’d like to help as well. I’m not sure I’ll be able to do the shoot this time around because I just had to get my daughter’s car out of the tow yard (thanks kid) and it blew the hell out of my ammo funds. If it's later in the month maybe. But I’d like to go anyway to rub some elbows, shake some hands and get to know the players.

L, I’ll be giving you a call, maybe we can carpool.

bkb0000
07-31-10, 00:34
thanks gentlemen.

the practical rifle match is actually pretty ammo lite. the CoFs call for between 15-30 rounds each, times two (two tries at it), times 2-4 different CoFs.

so at the most, you'll blow 240, but maybe as little as 90, and probably usually around 130ish.

at $.30/round, thats only $39, plus whatever the entry fee is. i don't know what the entry fee is.

carl20320
08-01-10, 16:57
Sounds like it should be fun. August is pretty screwed up for me. Chances are, the only weekend I could possible make it is the last Saturday, and no guarantee at that. Of course, always willing to try to help out when I'm there shooting.

bkb0000
08-02-10, 00:40
Sounds like it should be fun. August is pretty screwed up for me. Chances are, the only weekend I could possible make it is the last Saturday, and no guarantee at that. Of course, always willing to try to help out when I'm there shooting.

wow, carl- another country heard from. where you been?

the last saturday of aug is actually probably when it will be. hope you can make it

carl20320
08-02-10, 08:59
I hope I can make it too! Been working WAY to much with no end in sight. :suicide2:

I've been wanting to get some range time, it just has not been in the stars.

titsonritz
08-03-10, 01:48
If we are talking about the last Sat in Aug and well under 500rds I can make that shoot happen one way or another. I look forward to meeting everybody.

So is the first shoot you guys have put together?

I have been looking for ranges that can handle "big boy" safety rules. The ones I've been coming across are usually “cold ranges” which I want no part of. Do you know of any other ranges, say within about 100mi or so of Salem or even Portland, that won’t flip out over top tier training?

Common range rules I see as incompatible with real training:

1. Always keep the firearm unload until ready to shoot; ________ is a cold range. All firearms must be unloaded except during use.

2. Uncased firearms must always have the actions open when not in use.

3. No person may go forward of a firing line except during an announced “cease-fire”.

4. During a “cease-fire”, no uncased firearms may be handled.

5. Steel core and tracer ammunition is prohibited.

6. No firearm shall be allowed to break the 180 degree of the firing line.

I see these as the only rules needed and are compatible with real training:

1. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target and you have made the decision to shoot.

2. Never allow the muzzle to cross anything that you are not willing to destroy.

3. Treat all firearms as if they are loaded at all times.

4. Be sure of your target and what beyond it, beside it and in front of it.

I hope we're on the same page here. Any info on ranges would be greatly appreciated.

bkb0000
08-03-10, 02:13
the sanctioned Practical Rifle event at CRPC will be a hybrid, but it'll be mostly Cold Range. it's a range sponsered event, we play by their blanket, one-sized-fits-the-lowest-denominator rules. this will be my first event under club sponsorship, and as a "staff member."

but our separate PNW events are Hot Range. we've had... 5(?) events at CRPC, two or three at Douglas Ridge, and our brothers to the north up in vashantonia have had one. I don't know what the rules are like at non-CRPC shoots, as i've only hosted at CRPC. i haven't yet made it out to a Douglas Ridge shoot, and I won't go into Washington to save a hoe.

i'm currently uploading vids of our last CRPC shoot (yesterday) and writing the AAR... i'll post the link in the "July Shoot?" thread, and it'll be visible in the sub-forum. http://m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=135

titsonritz
08-03-10, 03:17
bkb, thanks for the info.

USAFR
08-06-10, 10:46
I have a couple of hours I can put in, if its the last weekend of the month I can helpand or shoot, let me know, Ive beeen out of the loop for a few months.

Be safe all.

Rob

titsonritz
08-18-10, 23:45
Any updated info on this deal?

bkb0000
08-18-10, 23:51
Any updated info on this deal?

i wish. i'll call the RM again in the morning...

will update when i got something

carl20320
09-06-10, 00:19
Hey Ben! You out there? Everything OK? Kind of odd to not see anything here for a couple weeks.

USAFR
09-16-10, 13:09
Hi all it looks like this thing slowed way down. Hope all is well. Is their anything I can do? Be safe.

bkb0000
09-19-10, 22:56
Hey Ben! You out there? Everything OK? Kind of odd to not see anything here for a couple weeks.

Hi all it looks like this thing slowed way down. Hope all is well. Is their anything I can do? Be safe.

still working on it.. nothing to post at this time. sorry gentlemen- sort of fell apart on us.