PDA

View Full Version : Noveske trigger problem...

C-grunt
07-26-10, 15:12
I was at the range the other day and had something weird happen. I was shooting some controlled pairs and when i brought the gun up and swept the safety, it got stuck half way between safe and fire. I would go back to safe but would not rotate all the way to fire.

After a couple tries it finally clicked back over to fire. I popped the rear takedown pin and looked inside. I couldnt see anything out of the norm, but I have never installed a LPK so I dont really know what I was looking for.

I put some oil in it and it worked fine after that.

Anyone know whats going on or should I call Noveske?

bkb0000
07-26-10, 15:19
sounds like you had debris in there, and now it's gone. i'd keep an eye on it, though- if it was me, i'd probably work on short firing strings for the next 500 rounds or so, so's to give the selector a good workout.

there's a trick to pulling the selector, if you want to look in the grove and detent and inspect for damage/debris- clear the weapon, cock the hammer, and rotate the selector halfway between FIRE and SEMI.. so it's diagonal. then use a large punch to push it through the receiver. it'll pop right out, and then you can inspect the grove and detent. to put it back in, just push it in, and use your punch to hold down the detent while you push it back into position. orientation does not matter when reinstaling.

if you still have problems, and they're not being caused by debris, call noveske.

C-grunt
07-26-10, 15:25
Thats what I thought it was too. It was pretty windy at the range so when I opened it up, any small debris probably would have been blown out.

I work my safety a lot even when not shooting. I practice clearing my house every few days with an empty weapon and always use the selector.

Thanks for the advice.