PDA

View Full Version : Bought my 1st Glock today

Hobbes
06-07-06, 18:28
Found a refurb unfired G26 for $429 today and picked it up. I figured I needed something between my 1911 and *cough* kel-tec for carry. Still doesn't feel as nice as my 1911 or my Walther P99 but I think it'll make a good carry gun...Looking to get a CTAC holster for it....any opinions on this holster?

M4arc
06-07-06, 18:43
Let me be the first to congratulate you on your new purchase! There's plenty of room on the dark side for more Glock owners :D

I have a CTAC for my G19 and while I do like it I absolutely love my Milt Sparks VMII for IWB carry. There used to be a 'spare holster' forum over on GlackTalk.com where folks would exchange, swap and borrow holsters. Check over there and see if you can use a CTAC before you buy it.

Hobbes
06-07-06, 18:50
I asked over there and it seems to be the most popular...I can always sell it if it doesn't work I suppose. Any down side to it?
I love Sparks stuff too, my Kimber rides in a WS (VMII was a bit too thick with the reinforced mouth)

M4arc
06-07-06, 18:54
There's no down side to it per say I just think the VMII is more comfortable.

I was turned on to the CTAC from that place as well and it's a good holster which is why I haven't sold it yet. The only think I don't like about it is the belt loops that come standard on it. I've also tried the J-hooks but would prefer a closed loop for a more secure feel when unholstering.

Dport
06-07-06, 20:14
Congrats on the Glock. The G26 was the second Glock I purchased. I too purchased one slightly used. It's a solid little gun.

Hobbes
06-07-06, 20:42
Thanks guys, I'll hunt around for a used CTAC I think and see how it works out....we'll see!

JTAC_Supply
06-07-06, 21:20
Congrats, I've always had great luck with my glocks. I've got a 26 but I end up carrying a 19 most of the time. I just hate the little gun grip syndrome, but my hands are huge.

It's a great gun, enjoy it :D

Snipe
06-11-06, 19:39
here here , congrats on the Glock and welcome to the dark side. lol

TBone
06-11-06, 21:03
http://www.ar15armory.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=435
This is from AR15Armory.com, this guy knows a ton of stuff about Glocks and has some info about Holsters. Sorry I don't have any personal info to add but I just saw this thread the other day and thought of it.

Hobbes
06-11-06, 21:09
Thanks for that link, lots of good info there...

Edm
06-12-06, 13:34
I carried a model 27 in a C-tac and liked it so much I bought one for a 19 and now carry a 29 in one. That said, I an 6'3" 195lbs. You probably have a diferent body type than me but for me it works. I am not a LEO and am just a guy who carries a pistol. My job attire forces me to tuck the pistol. Now, I have never had any problems with this using a C-tac. That said, If I didn't have to tuck it, and the wait was under a year....I'd be using a VM2. That is my favorite for comfort.

HALO 20
06-12-06, 14:23
congrads on the glock............get a blade-tec holster..........i love mine

Zip06
06-12-06, 15:55
Congratulations on the G26. I purchased one as soon as they were introduced and have never looked back. For an on the belt holster I use a Blade Tech and for an inside the waistband I have a Kramer. Both are very serviceable.

PossumKop
06-15-06, 16:50
Congrats on the purchase. Those black pistols are almost as addictive as the black rifles.

Hobbes
06-15-06, 17:07
Got the Ctac today and this little gun just disappears. The holster is a bit different but I think I'll get used to it. I hate to admit it because I'm a 1911 guy, but with the tiny grip on this thing is conceals much easier for me than my ultra carry.

ArchAngel
06-15-06, 20:11
Congrats on your Glock.

I once heard that if you didn't want to buy a Glock then don't shoot one.

I own 11 Glocks and I'm a Glock Armorer.

I wouldn't say I'm addicted because I own a lot of other hanguns beyond Glocks - Including a Wilson CQB, a Kimber Warrior, and Desert Warrior...(and the list goes on)...but find I reach for a Glock to carry most often.

I carry a Glock as a LEO and trust them.

Good luck!

Hobbes
06-18-06, 21:37
Put about 400-500 roounds through it this weekend, great shooter and oddly enough the small grip doesn't seem to bother me at all even with no pinky rest on the magazine.
The only problem is that it shoots a bit low with the new night sights, they are marked for the G26 so what gives? I also had to move the rear sight to the right because it was shooting left as well (other shooters noticed this too)

Lancelot
06-19-06, 12:20
Get the CTAC "slide" so that you can put all your Glocks in there.

Get the holster set where you want it, and then loc-tite the screws. I have had my belt clips come undone a time or two. Not a good thing........

Hobbes
06-19-06, 17:12
hmmmm...thanks for the tip, I wouldn't have thought to loctite those.

USMC
06-19-06, 19:22
Can't go wrong with a Glock!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/USMC/Complete/glocks1.jpg

altav
06-19-06, 20:15
Congrats on the Glock. I'm only going to keep three pistols, and two of them are Glocks (19 and 26).

http://www.mobilemediacorp.com/ar15/glocks_s.jpg

MAUSER88
06-21-06, 14:26
I have only one, a model 23. No problems at all with it. Eat's anything you feed it too.

sledge42
07-02-06, 17:57
that is sweet