PDA

View Full Version : LaRue Stealth Upper

MistWolf
07-28-10, 04:39
I want a 20" rifle that's accurate. How good is the 20" LaRue Stealth upper?

My wife gave me a LRB stripped lower for our anniversary :D

I'll be building it on that. I'm looking seriously at the A5 EMOD Stock form VLTOR

I'd like to keep the weight reasonable, say 8-9 lbs unloaded before optics. I haven't found weight specs for these parts. Will they meet my requirements or am I dreaming?

Anyone know anything about the Wylde chamber specs and how well it works?

Thanks!

ryu_sekai
07-28-10, 08:57
I just ordered a 12" Stealth, so no personal experience but I have heard very good things about them. Should be very accurate and reliable.

I'll let you know when I get mine in a month lol they have a 6-8 week lead time.

ST911
07-29-10, 16:05
I have a 16" LT Stealth, not a 20". Far more accurate than I. A buddy can wring large gaping holes out of it with best ammo. Reliable with premium ammo and crappy, running hot, dirty, and at threshold. I was a bit concerned about the Wylde chamber with certain ammo, but problems haven't materialized.

Downside: It is heavy stripped, and moreso when accessorized. Not a big deal for prone or short duration uses.

Captains1911
07-29-10, 19:38
It's no lightweight, especially with the 13.2" handguards, but it's not designed to be. Accurate.....that's an understatement. You may want to consider the 18" unless you'll be hunting with it at long ranges and could use the slight edge in velocity offered by the 20", the accuracy is the same on both.

Dirty McCurdy
07-29-10, 21:35
My roommate has a 20'' stealth upper. It is supper accurate, its also heavy but its supposed to be.

MistWolf
07-29-10, 22:34
How heavy is heavy? I tried the Bushmaster Varminter my dad had once upon a time and I liked it. I don't want to go any heavier than that.

It will be primarily used for hunting and I want it to be reliable. Places I tend to go I want to be sure I can trust my life to my firearms

controlledpairs2
07-29-10, 23:33
ive got a 12in and i can get 1.6moa out of m855, which the highly variable 62gr green tip stuff we use at work... im pretty sure the rifle and barrel are doing everything it can to squeeze the performance out of it.

if i use some mk262 mod1, i can get .6moa out of it, so if you need a precise upper look no further. however, like folks have been saying, its heavy bro.

the build quality is top notch, and you know if you have any issues larue will take care of you.

good luck!