PDA

View Full Version : For those of you with TR24 optics are you using FF rails?

Crow Hunter
07-28-10, 16:56
I am currently using a factory stock 6920 with a MI FSB light mount with a Surefire 6P and a BFG Victory sling with my Trijicon TR24.

Am I wasting this optics potential with this setup?

I have not fired it at a greater than 50 yard distance to see how much variation that I get but I have seen a couple of guys rifles and most look to have FF rails.

It got me to wondering if I am wasting this optics potential.

What do you guys use?

opmike
07-28-10, 18:55
Are you shooting to, or surpassing your rifle's potential?

Crow Hunter
07-28-10, 19:07
Are you shooting to, or surpassing your rifle's potential?

Honestly, that is something that I don't know yet. I haven't fired it with the TR24 other than sighting it in.

The few pics that I have seen with TR24s have been on rifles with FF rails, fold down front sights, and often longer barrels.

I was just wondering if those who have TR24s have gone down the same path that I am now and I could potentially save myself time and ammo. :smile:

MTechnik
07-28-10, 19:11
The upper with my TR24r is fed a regular diet of brown bear and has regular plastic handguards (mid-length gas system.) Sure, if I free floated it and fed it better ammo I could get better groups.

But that is the job for 20" bull barrelled upper with a 6-18x scope is for. It shot a .44" 5-shot group at 100 yards with some $.80/shot black hills gold ammo.

If I do get into 3-gun competition, and ask for different performance from the upper, I'll run better ammo, and free-float it.

LOKNLOD
07-28-10, 19:12
The TR24 is a low power scope with a rather coarse reticle -- unless you're spending all your time on the bench with match ammo, I doubt you're doing anything that exceeds its capabilities.

My current rifle has a TR24 and a rail, but my next planned build won't have the rail (and will likely get the TR24).