PDA

View Full Version : YHM Phantom flash suppressors/compensators?

Jake Bauer
07-29-10, 00:55
Hey guys,

I'm getting pretty tired of the boring standard A2 birdcage flash suppressor on my DD and was looking into low cost replacements. I really like the price and looks of the YHM 5C1 and 5C2. Any of yall have any experience with these? Good or Bad?

Iraqgunz
07-29-10, 02:52
I have one here at the house that I used to use. If it were me, I would scrimp and save for a Battle Comp. You won't be disappointed.

Hey guys,

I'm getting pretty tired of the boring standard A2 birdcage flash suppressor on my DD and was looking into low cost replacements. I really like the price and looks of the YHM 5C1 and 5C2. Any of yall have any experience with these? Good or Bad?

HeavyDuty
07-29-10, 08:29
Typical YHM in my opinion: big and heavy but they work. I used to use them but have moved on to other supressors.

markm
07-29-10, 18:58
Phantoms have that flat portion that butts up to your barrel crown only enough to allow carbon to get trapped in between.

I'll take an A2 all day long over a phantom. Buy a PWS and piss off all your shooting buddies with loudness! :D

Th3Revreant
08-03-10, 23:06
+1 on the battle comp ;)

lawusmc0844
08-03-10, 23:21
I had the aggressive end 5C2 FH on my LWRC upper that I ended up selling to my friend. It is an excellent FH but like some of the others have mentioned, the Battle Comp is a must.

SpeedRacer
08-03-10, 23:27
The 5C2 is a great flash hider and weighs the same as the standard A2 birdcage. It gets the job done, doesn't add weight and the price is right.