PDA

View Full Version : Guess who is on the latest BCM catalog cover??

mtdawg169
07-29-10, 17:51
This guy! That's who! M4C's very own RetreatHell is on the back cover of the latest one I received with an order of small parts.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i287/mtdawg169/HaleyRH.jpg

RogerinTPA
07-29-10, 18:04
That's awesome!:cool:

SW-Shooter
07-29-10, 18:20
I think this one would have been so much better. Maybe the next cover that comes out.

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac61/gstuffnow/Private/wow04-1.jpg

Irish
07-29-10, 19:13
I think this one would have been so much better.

I completely understand your sentiment but you should definitely read this thread: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=38540

SW-Shooter
07-29-10, 19:20
I completely understand your sentiment but you should definitely read this thread: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=38540

I have extreme respect for him, his service, and his sacrifice. I think you took my post out of context. I would love to see more ladies shooting the EBR, it makes it easier of men folk to redistribute funds to the disease and makes the range sessions a little easier on the eyes. As a Veteran of armed conflict I feel that he and many others deserve far more recognition than they have received. I may have come across as uncaring, was not my intention. His thread made me nod in agreement with the complete lack of real training our service members receive. He is a true warrior.

Irish
07-29-10, 19:24
I have extreme respect for him, his service, and his sacrifice. I think you took my post out of context.

I wasn't trying to infer anything. Just giving you a little background on him and anybody else reading this thread ;) No harm intended.

Isn't that Cameron's girl in the picture?

Army Chief
07-29-10, 19:36
Paul was clearly a switched-on, fangs-out dude when he was out walking around and making things happen as a Devil Dog.

Getting out there and doing much the same thing on wheels has only served to make him twice as much of a badass as far as I am concerned.

Where the body may fail, the right mindset can more than bridge the performance gap. Our Wounded Warriors prove this on a daily basis, and none perhaps better than our own RetreatHell.

Semper Fi, indeed. BCM chose well.

AC

SeriousStudent
07-29-10, 19:52
Truly outstanding. :)

From what I understand, Paul at BCM is a former Marine himself.

Congrats to RetreatHell.

Honu
07-29-10, 19:56
congrats :)

how does it feel to be a cover model :)

RetreatHell
07-29-10, 20:48
This guy! That's who! M4C's very own RetreatHell is on the back cover of the latest one I received with an order of small parts....

Thanks for the recognition thread, homie;)

Paul told me a few weeks ago that the new catalog would feature that pic of me and Travis, and I was very honored. I think he said it would be on the back cover or something... is that where it's located? I haven't seen it yet, guess I need to spend some more money at Bravo Company so I can see my cover shot!:D

Thanks to everyone here for the very kind words! As is always the case, they are very much appreciated and will never be forgotten.

Oh yeah, SW-Shooter, I tried my damnedest to talk Cameron into letting me do a photo shoot with his wife in a bikini, both of us holding BCM carbines of course, and was gonna try and get Stickman to man the camera... but unfortunately he said, and I quote, "Hell no! Wounded or not, I don't trust you damn Jarheads with my wife!"

But I tried, man. I tried:dance3:

GermanSynergy
07-29-10, 20:57
Outstanding! I read Paul's two articles a few months ago in SWAT & found them to be extremely well written.

I'd like to say that Paul is an American Hero, and an inspiration.

Congradulations, thank you for your service & G-d bless you and all of the other Wounded Warriors.

Rider79
07-29-10, 21:04
Oh yeah, SW-Shooter, I tried my damnedest to talk Cameron into letting me do a photo shoot with his wife in a bikini...

Why would anyone want to see you in a bikini? :bad:

Seriously though, congratulations. Considering how long Bravo used the last catalog, I'm sure we'll be seeing your face for awhile.

CarlosDJackal
07-29-10, 21:05
RetreatHell,

Would it be okay if I copied what your wrote in the other thread for distribution to the Soldiers in my (USAR) unit?

SW-Shooter
07-29-10, 21:18

Paul told me a few weeks ago that the new catalog would feature that pic of me and Travis, and I was very honored. I think he said it would be on the back cover or something... is that where it's located? I haven't seen it yet, guess I need to spend some more money at Bravo Company so I can see my cover shot!:D

Thanks to everyone here for the very kind words! As is always the case, they are very much appreciated and will never be forgotten.

Oh yeah, SW-Shooter, I tried my damnedest to talk Cameron into letting me do a photo shoot with his wife in a bikini, both of us holding BCM carbines of course, and was gonna try and get Stickman to man the camera... but unfortunately he said, and I quote, "Hell no! Wounded or not, I don't trust you damn Jarheads with my wife!"

But I tried, man. I tried:dance3:

Next time I'm down by Houston I'd like to buy you dinner, you're a funny guy. Thank you.

mtdawg169
07-29-10, 21:47

yep, top left corner on the back cover. looks like the same pick i posted above. congrats man, you deserve the recognition.

RetreatHell
07-29-10, 22:02
If you're referring to my "Lessons Learned" thread, hell yeah man, go for it! I want people to use my story of the mistakes I made, the training scars ingrained in me, and the lessons I've since learned from that gunfight. I hope it can drive several key points home to those that read it, and I strongly feel that the lessons learned and knowledge gained from my experience could potentially save lives and prevent serious injuries.

So yeah, man. Go for it.

RetreatHell,

Would it be okay if I copied what your wrote in the other thread for distribution to the Soldiers in my (USAR) unit?

Iraqgunz
07-30-10, 00:50
Semper ****in' Fi! Good job, Paul.

Magic_Salad0892
07-31-10, 07:42
Your country appreciates your service greatly.

Stay safe, Marine.

30 cal slut
08-01-10, 08:40
A
W
E
S
O
M
E
!

Safetyhit
08-01-10, 08:54
I want people to use my story of the mistakes I made, the training scars ingrained in me, and the lessons I've since learned from that gunfight. I hope it can drive several key points home to those that read it, and I strongly feel that the lessons learned and knowledge gained from my experience could potentially save lives and prevent serious injuries.

With so many readers here (and your other media outlets) either deployed or coming and going, I would be surprised if you haven't already helped someone in that regard.

randolph
08-01-10, 08:54
Awe hell yea!!

Next step is getting Paul in front of congress eating on their ass

Surf
08-01-10, 14:34
Nice! I must admit that RetreatHell's picture with Travis is a very good picture and his story is very inspirational and I enjoy reading it from time to time, but I have to admit that there seems to be a couple things that I really like about the picture with the young lady. Too bad she doesn't have a rifle with her in the picture. It may have got her a cover shot.

Cascades236
08-04-10, 16:52
As much as I enjoy the eye candy of a nice looking lady, I'd rather see a "warrior who spend (or has spent) their days on the two way range" make the cover.

this one is awesome!

Dos Cylindros
08-04-10, 18:58
Very cool, and congrats Paul. You are an inspiration, not only as a Marine and American but as a human being as well. My best to you and your family and thank you for your service.

m4fun
08-04-10, 22:04
This is awesome - way to go brother!

Its amazing how training has changed(or not when it should of)