PDA

View Full Version : Rear sling mounting Q

MH64
06-19-07, 16:00
Which do you guys prefer and why? On a 2-point or 3-point sling that is.
Mounting rear sling to the collapsable stock or to a reciever extension mount?

Snake RAH
06-20-07, 11:29
On M4 and CAR stocks, I use the sling hole on the stock. On the CTR, which is what I like most, I run the sling through the rearmost sling hole.

I use receiver extension end plate sling mounts for single point slings only.

AR-15A3
06-20-07, 17:06
I use Blue Force Gear Vickers 2 point sling which I prefer than a 3 point sling and I like to connect it to the QD hole sling mount of both my CTR and Vltor Modstock.

I used to have a receiver extension end plate sling mount for my single point sling on one of my carbines but I didn't like it and so I switched to a 2 point sling setup.

Robb Jensen
06-20-07, 18:18
Which do you guys prefer and why? On a 2-point or 3-point sling that is.
Mounting rear sling to the collapsable stock or to a reciever extension mount?

On the AR that I use a 2pt (a Vickers CAG) I connect it to the CTR stock at the back and use a Daniel Defense attachment on the rear left rail near the upper receiver. I don't use 3 pt slings. On ARs that I use single points I use the CQD and VLTOR end plates.

My LMT below has the Vickers CAG sling and the DD rail mount on the rail.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/gunpics/b23c89e1.jpg

MH64
06-21-07, 01:40
Have tried single point slings and they just aren't for me.
Like the idea of 3-point slings. Have had a Wilderness since late 80's or so and last few years the CQB/Specter 3-point.
However, simple seems to be what I now prefer. So a Vickers 2-point.

Seems most of you prefer the rear of the sling to attach to the stock as opposed to a reciever extension. For those that do, where do you prefer the front of the sling to go? gotm4 noted on the rail close to the reciever.

Robb Jensen
06-21-07, 03:43
Have tried single point slings and they just aren't for me.
Like the idea of 3-point slings. Have had a Wilderness since late 80's or so and last few years the CQB/Specter 3-point.
However, simple seems to be what I now prefer. So a Vickers 2-point.

Seems most of you prefer the rear of the sling to attach to the stock as opposed to a reciever extension. For those that do, where do you prefer the front of the sling to go? gotm4 noted on the rail close to the reciever.

The Vickers CAG sling is my current favorite. IMO 3pt slings are really only good for MP5s.

C4IGrant
06-23-07, 11:14
I like the sling mounted at the receiver plate (on a two point). The reason is because it allows for the easiest shoulder transition.

C4

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/BFG/Vickers%20GR%20version%20mounted.jpg

rykyard
06-23-07, 13:46
I like the sling mounted at the receiver plate (on a two point). The reason is because it allows for the easiest shoulder transition.

C4

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/BFG/Vickers%20GR%20version%20mounted.jpg

Grant,
what end plate swivel mount is that? And do you carry it?

I've looked at the MI one, but it seems a bit bulky, with 3 (i think) attachment points.

C4IGrant
06-23-07, 15:01
Grant,
what end plate swivel mount is that? And do you carry it?

I've looked at the MI one, but it seems a bit bulky, with 3 (i think) attachment points.

The plate is made by DD and I do stock them.

C4

Pinnacle
06-23-07, 15:18

C4

Could you please post or PM me a link to this on your web site? I looked for this the other day and couldn't find this specific model. I think this is the best solution out there as it cannot swivel 360.

Thanks!

rykyard
06-23-07, 18:08
Could you please post or PM me a link to this on your web site? I looked for this the other day and couldn't find this specific model. I think this is the best solution out there as it cannot swivel 360.

Thanks!

this looks like its the one.
http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=EZ

C4IGrant
06-24-07, 12:34

Thanks!

They are not on our website yet. Please give us a call to place your order.

C4

C4IGrant
06-24-07, 12:34
this looks like its the one.
http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=EZ

That is not it.

C4

IDCC
06-24-07, 18:35
Grant, how badly is the swivels range of motion affected being mounted directly below the castle nut? Does it make the weapon flip/lean like it is overly top heavy?

C4IGrant
06-24-07, 18:37
Grant, how badly is the swivels range of motion affected being mounted directly below the castle nut? Does it make the weapon flip/lean like it is overly top heavy?

The swivel has just enough range to be useful IMHO. It does NOT cause the weapon to flip or lean.

C4

IDCC
06-25-07, 22:42
The swivel has just enough range to be useful IMHO. It does NOT cause the weapon to flip or lean.

C4

Thanks! I am debating what rear sling mount I want on the LMT lower I am going buy from you.

Rmplstlskn
06-26-07, 13:18
C4

That plate looks slick. I think I will like that solution better than the present setup of having the Vickers sling thread through the LMT SOPMOD slot.

Can you post the price here or just call?
Also need a DD QD rail-mount for the front... Actually, I need exactly what you are using on the carbine pic you posted, plus an extra QD swivel.

Rmpl

C4IGrant
06-26-07, 13:24
That plate looks slick. I think I will like that solution better than the present setup of having the Vickers sling thread through the LMT SOPMOD slot.

Can you post the price here or just call?
Also need a DD QD rail-mount for the front... Actually, I need exactly what you are using on the carbine pic you posted, plus an extra QD swivel.

Rmpl

They are up on our website now (http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=CARCQD) or you can call us to place your order.

C4