PDA

View Full Version : LMT, Daniel, BCM

xkalifornian
07-30-10, 12:27
These three companies all make great products, but if push came to shove which would you choose? We are talking each company's complete base AR15 rifle. LMT, Daniel Def. and BCM.

Thanks

telecustom
07-30-10, 12:31
BCM hands down.

500grains
07-30-10, 13:04
BCM hands down.

Have you owned the others and if so how were they deficient?

I have 2 x DD rifles and they have been great. But I have not owned the others.

telecustom
07-30-10, 13:27
I have used several BCMs in different configurations. I look at it as the best quality products with the available options you want. The DDs are good. For the money, BCM can get you what you need without have to shop around that much.

THCDDM4
07-30-10, 14:05
I'll preface this by saying I have not OWNED all 3, but handled all (3) extensively.

The Daniel Defense M4 Version 1, is the most complete rifle out of the box in my opinion, and the one I chose after extensive research and handling many others at the range before deciding with the DD. For me it has better balance, is lighter out of the box, and the 12.0 FSP light rail is great; I have a surefire mounted at 3 o'clock and I get minimal barrel shadow. The others are great, but I handled them all quite a bit before I made my decision and the DD was a better fit for me personally, , I did replace the dd charging handle to a BCM/Vltor Gunfighter Charging handle, they are great.

Persoanl preference is the only thing separating those rifles IMO. I believe DD has a MUCH better customer service department than any other M4 manufacturer out there (I called them all to get info, and DD was the only place that treated me well and not like I was a hassle.) as well. Customer service is important to me, when I buy a rifle I buy it to maintain for life and I will definitely use the CS dept.
No to mention the DD M4 is such a sexy bitch!

rushca01
07-30-10, 15:19
This would be it imho. http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-M16-A4-AR15-Bravo-Company-carbine-EAG-Pat-Rogers-s/151.htm

BCM quality with Pat's added touches gets you the best turn key AR.

ryan
07-30-10, 15:21
BCM hands up

VMI-MO
07-30-10, 15:25
Whatever is:
1)Available
2)Lowest price for what I want
3)Closest to the configuration I want.

They all meet the bill in terms of actual quality of the weapon.

PJ

ruddyhair
07-30-10, 15:55
All 3 are great options.

I chose BCM - I couldn't be more satisfied.

Avenger29
07-30-10, 15:58
BCM, then DD, then LMT.

Now, that's not bagging on LMT or Daniel Defense. I'm pleased to own an LMT and I don't feel shortchanged in any way...but when I purchased my LMT, DD and BCM were not on the market. The available configurations, quality, and value of BCM pretty much can't be beat.

NCPatrolAR
07-30-10, 16:22
There's a plethora of threads like this in this forum. Please review them and then ask any specific questions you might have.