PDA

View Full Version : Pork Chop Hill - On the Military Channel now!

Business_Casual
07-30-10, 20:02
Back when we used to hate our enemies!

When we killed them instead of trying to win their hearts and minds.

B_C

Ed L.
07-30-10, 20:06
Ironically, Gregory Peck intended who starred in it and was involved in some behind the scenes work intenced it as an antiwar film.

Some things never change.

Business_Casual
07-30-10, 20:09
Ed spends his spare time tell little kids Santa Claus isn't real.

B_C

Ed L.
07-31-10, 00:16
Ed spends his spare time tell little kids Santa Claus isn't real.

And I get paid good money to do so:lol:

Below is some footage of myself and an associate debunking the Easter Bunny:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN_zksLvQkU&feature=related

I even have counter-Jehovah Witness handouts that I give to Jehovah Witnesses when they come to my door.

Seriously, I like the movie Pork Chop Hill. Old B&W films have a sort of atmosphere and the movie has some good M1 Garand and M1 Carbine footage. I think the antiwar message is more apparant in Gregory Peck's thinking than in the way the movie is seen by most people. There is a sense of futility in trying to retake and hold a hill in the middle of peace negotiations, when the ground may later be handed over.

There is sometimes a gulf between what actors and film-makers' intentions and how the general public percieves films. Oliver Stone claimed that he made Scarface as a cautionary tale about cocaine, but it anything it glamorized a drug lord.

Oliver Stone also made Wall Street as cautionary tale about the investment business, but it encouraged a generation of people to try to be like Gordon Gecko.

JBnTX
07-31-10, 01:05
That's one of my favorite war movies.

I just can't imagine charging uphill, into enemy gun emplacements,
armed with just an M1 Carbine?

That's bravery!

arizonaranchman
07-31-10, 12:17
Back when we used to hate our enemies!

When we killed them instead of trying to win their hearts and minds.

B_C

No kidding. Slaughter them by the millions if necessary, to hell with their hearts and minds.