PDA

View Full Version : In Memory of Michael Sacks.

Looey
07-31-10, 09:16
I ask that you say a prayer for one of our fallen and his family, please keep them in your thoughts.
we lost him this past week in Afghanistan, I was blessed to have the pleasure of working with him and having him look out for me and the rest of our guys as one of our medics.
He leaves behind a wife and two Kids.
He is a former Army Soldier and a great friend, Michael Sacks you will be missed.

SeriousStudent
07-31-10, 09:24
Prayers sent for a fallen warrior, his family and friends. May they receive comfort and strength during this time of trial.

Looey, my sympathies on the loss of your friend. It really hurts losing your Doc. :(

Looey
07-31-10, 11:03
Thank You.

ryan
07-31-10, 11:15
May this Brave American Soldier rest in peace, may his family and friends find the strength to carry on, in Jesus name I pray, Amen.

Littlelebowski
07-31-10, 11:19
I'll be raising a glass tonight.

Stay safe, Looey. We have a BBQ to plan.

Iraq Ninja
07-31-10, 11:45
Max was a good friend of mine and we worked together for the same security company for many years in Iraq. I first met him in 2006 when he was a team medic in Kut, Iraq. We were both former Rangers, and thus immediately became friends.

As a medic, he taught me how the "think outside the box." He once was wounded by an IED and his eye was hanging out of its socket. He instructed his team to cut off a top of a plastic water bottle to hold his eye, which they lashed to his face using only a coat hanger. He kept count of not only the lives he saved, but also those who didn't make it. It bothered him that even though he saved many people, he could not save them all and he never forgot them.

I had no idea he was in Afghanistan. He really didn't need the money, but like many of us was motivated to be part of the WOT and not sit back at home and watch it on CNN. He once asked me why I was in Iraq and I told him that "warriors march towards the sound of battle, not away from it." He smiled and said something like "Typical Ranger answer. I guess we are both a bit crazy to do this kind of work."

jklaughrey
07-31-10, 11:54
Losing a Doc is always tough. Being a former FMF Doc, losing one of our own was always tough. Cheers, Macallans will be poured tonight.

arizonaranchman
07-31-10, 12:14
Thoughts and prayers sent...

Looey
07-31-10, 12:33
Max was a good friend of mine and we worked together for the same security company for many years in Iraq. I first met him in 2006 when he was a team medic in Kut, Iraq. We were both former Rangers, and thus immediately became friends.

As a medic, he taught me how the "think outside the box." He once was wounded by an IED and his eye was hanging out of its socket. He instructed his team to cut off a top of a plastic water bottle to hold his eye, which they lashed to his face using only a coat hanger. He kept count of not only the lives he saved, but also those who didn't make it. It bothered him that even though he saved many people, he could not save them all and he never forgot them.

I had no idea he was in Afghanistan. He really didn't need the money, but like many of us was motivated to be part of the WOT and not sit back at home and watch it on CNN. He once asked me why I was in Iraq and I told him that "warriors march towards the sound of battle, not away from it." He smiled and said something like "Typical Ranger answer. I guess we are both a bit crazy to do this kind of work."
If you ever find yourself around VA Beach area, i would love to buy you a beer.

MarshallDodge
07-31-10, 14:57
Prayers sent for his family and a big thanks to all you guys and gals on the front line.

M4Fundi
07-31-10, 21:56
Prayers sent!

ICANHITHIMMAN
07-31-10, 22:15
Sorry brother

VooDoo6Actual
07-31-10, 23:48
thanks for your sacrifice & service

Valhalla awaits Warrior

nickdrak
08-01-10, 01:12
I didn't know the man, but God bless him. Sounds like the epitome of a great American man, and he will be missed.

Iraqgunz
08-01-10, 01:21
I am sorry for your loss. I know first hand how tough it is. Rest In Peace.

mr_smiles
08-01-10, 01:48
My sincerest condolences to all of you who lost a friend & brother and to his family.

warpigM-4
08-01-10, 03:25
God bless you prayers sent

Robb Jensen
08-01-10, 06:39
Prayers sent. Stay Safe Looey.

Buck
08-01-10, 11:53
We are diminihed...

B

GermanSynergy
08-01-10, 12:30
Rest in Peace brave warrior.

Safetyhit
08-01-10, 17:46
As a medic, he taught me how the "think outside the box." He once was wounded by an IED and his eye was hanging out of its socket. He instructed his team to cut off a top of a plastic water bottle to hold his eye, which they lashed to his face using only a coat hanger.

Astounding. He sounds like the type of man that was somehow supposed to make it through no matter what.

Thank God for all men like him.

m4fun
08-01-10, 22:13
Prayers on the way.

Sounds like he truly cared with the ultimate sacrifice!